Hello There!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello There!

Postby PHX » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:53 am

Hello,

My name is Ash and I'm the proud new owner of a pitbull name Phoenix. Before I get into to much detail about Phoenix I'd like to let you know about me first. I am 26 married, mother of two small children who works for a videogame store and who also does animal rescue work with rescue group out here in Arizona. I am down at the pound probably about four or more times a week. I can tell you I've seen a lot of sad and broken faces and I hate to say it but sadly the pound in AZ is full of mostly Pitbulls and Chihuahua's. I will admit I have always been intimidated by the breed and it's no one's fault but the media. However I can see why society is so afraid of pit's and it's because of what they hear on the news, or what a friend or love one may tell them and it just sparks that fear into them which is sad. As I continued doing rescue work I found myself stopping mostly by pitbulls and sneaking them dog biscuits or pulling them out when I really should be doing an evaluation on a another dog just to give them a little extra attention. After spending as much time as I have I soon discovered for myself that these dogs really are not as bad as what the public portrayed them out to be and so I have tried to start networking them more when I see them and trying to save as many as I can.

Now onto the good part..

All of that about me has something to do with Phoenix.

I met Phoenix when I was supposed to do an evaluation on a Husky just two cells down from her's. When I first saw Phoenix sitting in the corner of her cell I knelt down and started to pet and love on her. She was so incredibly sweet and it wasn't until she got up on her hind haunches when I saw something that just tore my heart into pieces.

Phoenix had had puppies not to long ago and was full of milk. So after giving her some big time pets, sneaking her a couple dog cookies and taking a video I went to complete my evaluation. I went back to the office and spoke to one of the workers asking for more information about her and if she came with puppies. Sadly Phoenix was dumped in in the night drop off area with no puppies. :(

I posted a video of Phoenix on Facebook, hoping and praying that if my video was to stretch out ot other's that maybe someone would see and if she was to end up on the E-list (MCACC West shelter is a high kill shelter) that she could be saved. Another group saw her video and shared it and in no time at all my inbox was flooded by generous people offering to help me save her.

I visited her as often as I could and I raised the money it would cost to bail her out of the pound once she got of stray hold.. And once she got of stray hold she was spayed, microchipped and I adopted her, and it's all thanks to the social networking of Facebook which lead to this happy ending and new begging for Phoenix.

She now has her own facebook page which has over 200+ followers who help network other dogs in need, just like phoenix!

http://www.facebook.com/savingphoenixpit

Other than that Phoenix has two canine sisters Molly (Great Pyrenees) and Delilah (Boxer) and two foster siblings, Sampson (Husky) and Luna (Husky) and of course she has feline friends too!

So yep, that's us in a nut shell :)

Hello from AZ!
PHX
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello There!

Postby Stormi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:56 am

She looks a bit like my guy :) How's her hearing, out of curiosity?
Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby PHX » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Stormi wrote:She looks a bit like my guy :) How's her hearing, out of curiosity?

Vet Checked yesterday and her hearing is fine :)
PHX
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Welcome! Thank you so much for adopting and doing rescue/foster. I love seeing Intros like this. You will fit in great here! You can also post your fosters for adoption in our rescue section once approved! I'll approve you shortly once I get to my computer :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions