Hello from Canada (:

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Lua
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Hello from Canada (:

Postby Lua » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Nicole and I am 15 on the 19th of August. I live in Canada, British Columbia, with my dad and Stella, my little mutt (Chihuahua X), who is 3 years old. Today I am finally going to go get Lua, a 16 week old female American Pit Bull Terrier, and when she's here I'll get some more pics and info up.

My mum got Stella for me on my 12th birthday from, I'm sad to say, a BYB. She came without any shots and infested with fleas - I worked endlessly to try and rid her of them until we finally got some K9 Advantix. We lived in a very rural area, so she wasn't socialized, well trained, and my mum didn't bother to get her spayed.
For nearly 3 years I have been spending all of my time researching dogs (specifically bully breeds), training, food, and just about everything else. I am proud to say Stella is now well trained and socialized - she and I have come a long way -, I am looking for obedience classes for Lua, and that both of my dogs are getting spayed this month!

Lua, my APBT pup, is what I would call blonde brindle, but according to ADBA the closest I could come to was light chocolate brindle.. If you know, it'd be cool to find out! Lua is laid back and pretty quiet, she certainly loves sleeping, but also enjoys playing with other dogs and LOVES people. She has an awesome "sit" and walks pretty well on a leash. As I said, she is 16 weeks old. She is registered with ADBA and already microchipped, has all of her shots, deworm/deflea, and I'm quite excited to bring her home.

I got into APBT's when I was pretty young, around 8. My sister had a female pittie mutt, Clovis, and I fell in love with her. I had lived with a lot of different breeds, and the 'pit bull' was by far my favourite for their amazing personalities - I especially love that fact that they are just big cuddlebugs and seem to appreciate you more than any other dog.
I had always wanted one since then, but my mum loathed pit bulls and would only allow me a small dog, hence Stella! My dad didn't like pit bulls too much either, but I actually managed to spew off enough facts and statistics to get both my mum and dad both to change their mind on the breed.. My mum is really looking forward to meeting Lua. (: I also subjected them to a couple (apparently) "UN"-'find-a-bull' quizzes. (;
Since I am unable to apply rescue myself and my dad didn't want to, I looked for a reputable breeder and found one. My next dog will be a rescue, that I can say for sure.

My other interests include ... okay, my biggest and most passionate interest is dogs - dog breeds, breeding (though I have never and will not, I do like to read about it), rescue, training, abilities, nutrition, health, conformation, everything. I like reading, video games, and playing some sports like football, baseball, and badminton. Along with my (to-be) 2 dogs, I have a male Ball Python who is about 1 year old now, his name is Philip.

I found this forum when I was looking up how to make a spring pole for your APBT a long time ago, and while I was browsing the other topics I found that the people here tend to be knowledgeable and very helpful, so I am hoping to be a part of it. I apologize for the length... I tend to ramble.

Here is Lua:

2 wks, 25 oz
4 wks
6 lbs
Lua looks like a hunting cat here ;P
Hitting the 16 wk mark..

Here is Stella:

ilovemypits
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovemypits » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Welcome to the forum! Cute pups!!!

Lua
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Lua » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:58 pm

ilovemypits wrote:Welcome to the forum! Cute pups!!!

Thank you. (:

Obed
Forum Junky

Postby Obed » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:07 pm

welcome, glad to see your doing your home work and are taking steps to be a responsible owner... thanks for the pics...

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:00 pm

welcome cute pups!

Pictures4Pitbulls
Matured Bully

Postby Pictures4Pitbulls » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:13 pm

What cute pups!!!

Lua
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Lua » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Aw thanks guys. (:

xaverysxmamax

Postby xaverysxmamax » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Welcome! Cute pups.

Wingnutz13
Newborn Bully

Postby Wingnutz13 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:27 am

That's what I call our dog Echo, blonde brindle, when someone ask what color she is.

Someone told me she was reverse lilac brindle, whatever that is, lol. All I know is she is loved and has a great home. Good luck w/ your doggies. :thumbsup:

Lua
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Lua » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:35 am

Wingnutz13 wrote:That's what I call our dog Echo, blonde brindle, when someone ask what color she is.

Someone told me she was reverse lilac brindle, whatever that is, lol. All I know is she is loved and has a great home. Good luck w/ your doggies. :thumbsup:

Echo is a cutie! :inlove: I think she is pretty close to light chocolate brindle. http://www.adbadog.com/p_gallary.asp?aid=5&pid=123
Colours are kinda confusing sometimes.. I've never heard of lilac brindle, let alone reverse! roflmao
Lua's brindle looks pretty much non-existent in the newest picture, I wonder if she will have any left. I still don't have her here yet, otherwise I'd have a bunch more pictures up. ): Thank you and Avery's mama too :))

Wingnutz13
Newborn Bully

Postby Wingnutz13 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Wow! That dog you linked does look alot like my Echo. Light Chocolate Brindle it is!! roflmao

Lua
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Lua » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Wingnutz13 wrote:Wow! That dog you linked does look alot like my Echo. Light Chocolate Brindle it is!! roflmao

lol I knew it would come in handy some day... :thumbsup:

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:48 am

welcome all!!

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:41 pm

It sounds like your dogs are very lucky to have found you.
Happy almost birthday.

Return to “Introductions”