Larry and Ora

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Kaveran
Newborn Bully

Larry and Ora

Postby Kaveran » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Hello gang. I registered some time ago I just never got around to posting, too many forums and so little time.

Ive been a long time rottie owner and a couple years back got involved with A Rotta Love Plus which is a local rottie and pit bull rescue where I live. My wife and I have had roughly 20 dogs come through our house since we started fostering but this little gal is here to stay.

As part of a large local siezure my wife and I took her in and had her for about 6 months or so until we found her what we thought was a good home. After 2 months she came back into the program and we gladly took her back in as a foster.

Around that time I had met Roo and Wallace and many of the other Minnesota disc dogs so one day decided to toss Ora a disc. I knew she had great drive and focus (we had worked on it during her initial stay with us) but I had never tried a disc. To my surprise she chased it down and snagged it right out of the air. It was at that point My wife and I adopted her and we have been playing disc ever since.

We are still working on our freestyle routine with the help of Roo and some of the other minnesota disc doggers and until we get that down we compete in some distance and accuracy events.

This last weekend the Minnesota disc dogs held their year end championship where Ora and I took first place in the pro class for catch 22.

Here is a pic of her I took the other night sporting her gold medal from the event.

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Awww, great shot! :inlove: Welcome!

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:47 pm

welcome! Beautiful photo!

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Hey! I see you guys on the Rotta Love forum, welcome over here from a fellow MN resident. I love Ora!

bullydogla
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby bullydogla » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:15 pm

nice looking dog!

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:41 pm

WOW :inlove: what a beauty!!! i am a sucker for white dogs! Welcome to the forum.

spammie

Postby spammie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:29 pm

She's a pretty girl :inlove:

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:23 pm

fantastic photo, lovely girl and too cool that you are doing the disc thing! welcome!

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:34 am

Welcome! Ora is adorable and congrats on your win.

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:41 pm

She's gorgeous!

Welcome to PBF!

Roo
Adolescent Bully

Postby Roo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Ora rocks! Great job!

Roo

Kaveran
Newborn Bully

Postby Kaveran » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Hiya GoingPostal and Roo! Any other ARLPer's here?

batink
Adolescent Bully

Re: Larry and Ora

Postby batink » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Kaveran wrote:Hello gang. I registered some time ago I just never got around to posting, too many forums and so little time.

Ive been a long time rottie owner and a couple years back got involved with A Rotta Love Plus which is a local rottie and pit bull rescue where I live. My wife and I have had roughly 20 dogs come through our house since we started fostering but this little gal is here to stay.

As part of a large local siezure my wife and I took her in and had her for about 6 months or so until we found her what we thought was a good home. After 2 months she came back into the program and we gladly took her back in as a foster.

Around that time I had met Roo and Wallace and many of the other Minnesota disc dogs so one day decided to toss Ora a disc. I knew she had great drive and focus (we had worked on it during her initial stay with us) but I had never tried a disc. To my surprise she chased it down and snagged it right out of the air. It was at that point My wife and I adopted her and we have been playing disc ever since.

We are still working on our freestyle routine with the help of Roo and some of the other minnesota disc doggers and until we get that down we compete in some distance and accuracy events.

This last weekend the Minnesota disc dogs held their year end championship where Ora and I took first place in the pro class for catch 22.

Here is a pic of her I took the other night sporting her gold medal from the event.

What a lovely photo! Roo showed it to me when I met with them last Sunday. I've heard some great stuff about your dog. Hopefully we will meet up at an event sometime!

Burt & Belle

Kaveran
Newborn Bully

Postby Kaveran » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:10 am

batink wrote:What a lovely photo! Roo showed it to me when I met with them last Sunday. I've heard some great stuff about your dog. Hopefully we will meet up at an event sometime!

Burt & Belle

Thanks Burt. If you havent heard, there will be another skyhoundz disc event in the twin cities Oct 25 at Blaine Stone Mountain Pet Lodge. There are details on the mn disc dog forum, if you make it up stop by and say hello.

batink
Adolescent Bully

Postby batink » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:53 am

Kaveran wrote:
batink wrote:What a lovely photo! Roo showed it to me when I met with them last Sunday. I've heard some great stuff about your dog. Hopefully we will meet up at an event sometime!

Burt & Belle

Thanks Burt. If you havent heard, there will be another skyhoundz disc event in the twin cities Oct 25 at Blaine Stone Mountain Pet Lodge. There are details on the mn disc dog forum, if you make it up stop by and say hello.

I won't be able to make that one. I live in KY and was up there to celebrate my brothers 50th b-day. He lives in Apple Valley.

I've actually got a demo on that date in Cincinnati for the National Pit Bull Awareness Day.

Best of luck to you all in your disc dog career. Looks like you're off to a great start!

Return to “Introductions”