Going to try this again

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
riannad06
Newborn Bully

Going to try this again

Postby riannad06 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:46 pm

I dont think my first one was descriptive enough so here goes.....

I used to come on as riannad awhile ago and I live in Pa. I am 20, went to school to be a vet tech and currently work as one. I just got in 5 rescue dogs from NYC CACC shelters. All but 1 are beautiful pit bulls. I rescue as many as I can. I currently have a male pointer/pit, Carlos,a male min pin mix, Pepe, and a pit from a Ga shelter who has heartworm. These are all my permenant dogs. Gorilla is the HW+ dog, he went through treatment and one more month until we know if it worked. I also have a bunch of cats. I have 6 fosters right now. A 10 yr old male pit named Baby. He looks like a brindle cow. A 1.5 yr old blue brindle male named King, a female blue 4 yr old pit named China, she is my 1st with cropped ears, a yr old very skinny brindle pit girl named Zoey, I sent an email hours before she was to be killed to send her to me. I also have a 3 yr old male Jack Russell, and an 5 month old Aussie/husky......They all keep me busy.

I would like to have a nice piece of property one day where I can build a kennel type building and have a huge area where I can rescue dogs and let them stay as long as they need to. The kennels would be used while I am not home, sort of like crates.... I have BIG plans for one day!

THats pretty much all about me. People around here, more so my family, frown upon what I do. I have "too many" dogs they say, but I keep then clean, healthy and happy. Same with my house. I have tons of bully breed books I have collected over the years. I may only be 20 but I have been reading up on pits for YEARS. I love them and always have. I think it is because of how bad people think they are. Also the fact that Im a girl and can control a pit or 2, or 6.

Also I want to get into weight pulling with Gorilla when he gets better. He was a block of muscle when he first came, now from resting for 3 months he lost some muscle and gained alot of fat.

Another thing I do is spay and neuter alot of animals. Cats, dogs. There are a ton of strays in town. I got my whole block fixed cat-wise so far. I also do feral colonies when people tell me about them or ask for help. Also people who cannot afford, or wont do, spay and neutering for dogs, I do. I tell them Ill take care of it and alot of people say ok. I am also trying to get something done in town. So many people are breeding dogs, mixed breeds and all that. They have a propsed pet limit but that would allow puppies. So many people stop me on the street and say "Want to breed?" when I have my dogs out. It sickens me.... I am pro neuter and spay. About a million pits alone are killed each year in shelters and I would like to try and do what I can about that.

So thats me, a social outcast because of what I do? I dont think so but that is what I have been told. I love what I do and I love to save lives. I like to have a good time with friends and all that stuff and I love to walk with my dogs. Im just me, take it or leave it.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:56 pm

So thats me, a social outcast because of what I do? I dont think so but that is what I have been told. I love what I do and I love to save lives. I like to have a good time with friends and all that stuff and I love to walk with my dogs. Im just me, take it or leave it.

If you are, so am I ;)
Welcome to PBF!

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:07 am

Welcome! :))

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:42 pm

TuckerPup!
Newborn Bully

Postby TuckerPup! » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Welcome! Thanks for all you do to help!