Hey everyone,

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
aprilnluv09621
Newborn Bully

Hey everyone,

Postby aprilnluv09621 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:06 pm

Hey everyone...sorry for the other intro...totally new to this stuff, and wow little learning curve here, lol. Anyways...now that I know how to post pictures...here are a few of Baby Girl...

I picked her up from the streets of Hartford when she was around 7 weeks old. Funny thing, cause I never owned a dog prior, had no idea what I was gettin myself into. I just saw her and fell in love. I remember when she was so small she could sit in the palm of my hand. Anyways, turns out to be the best spontaneous decision I ever made. She has completely turned me into a Pit Bull Advocate, and I love her to death. What a personality on this dog.

If you feel so inclined and have a myspace or facebook account you can see more about us here:
facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30076544&l=240a8&id=1391382182#/profile.php?id=1391382182&ref=name
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jtermini
or my newest addition, my facebook club: http://groups.to/pit-bulls-are-our-friends/
I told you she was turning me into a pit bll groupie...lol
And here's a movie I just found on youtube I know you will love. I did, it's beautiful, and actually made me cry the first time I saw it...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cJueekvhRDI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cJueekvhRDI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ok well, I guess this turned out longer than I expected. I can't wait to get involved, and meet you all...
I hope you liked my introduction :) ...
Talk soon,
Jessica

boo boo
Newborn Bully

Postby boo boo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Welcome, Baby Girl sure is beautiful.
I like her white paws, it makes it easy to tell when they are dirty :))

pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgrl » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:39 pm

welcome :)

judyjoy
Newborn Bully

movie clip

Postby judyjoy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:56 am

Hi Jessica, Welcome, your family is beautiful. But that movie clip was horrable. It kills me to see animals hurt or abused especially pitts. How can people do this? It burned a hole in my heart, please let us know when there is some bad stuff like that. I am broken hearted, not a good way to start monday morning. It killed me. How do you guys get over seeing stuff like that? Do you have as much of a problem as I do?

batink
Adolescent Bully

Postby batink » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:52 am

Welcome Jessica! I will add you on Myspace. Our page is:

http://www.myspace.com/brindlebelle

aprilnluv09621
Newborn Bully

Sorry Judyjoy

Postby aprilnluv09621 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Hi Judyjoy,

Sorry for the disturbing video, I didn't realize that it might affect someone differently than me. I, right now have been caught up in promoting the breed in order to stop BSL (Breed-Specific legislation) effecting these dogs and their families and owners. BSL has almost affected me twice now and it is a scary place to be. About a year or so ago, I was offered a good job out in Colorado, which I chose not to take because a ban was in effect that allowed the authorities to confiscate and put down any pit within it's city limits--regardless of temperament or disposition. I was living in Connecticut at the time and I did not move there for fear the ban would most likely spread to other surrounding cities. That was experience #1. Then recently I just moved back to my home state, NY, only to find that the idea has been set public by various politicians throughout the state in the last couple of years. Baby Girl is only 2 and I had no prior knowledge or experience for that matter with Pits at the time, so I was not aware of the controversy or the vastness of discrimination this breed was getting...neither did I have any idea my new pup - purchased on a whim one day, would have such a profound impact on me or my life. I do apologize if the film offended...It was not meant to. I guess I was just thinking everyone around me was going through the same trials, and so I incorporated it. Here my own ignorance shines, as I was so caught up in the mission I forgot there might still be a place where pits and society live in harmony...

For me this is a war, and one I will not stop fighting until it is won - for all pits -all over the country, and for the sake of my own.

So far there are 4 states including Canada that have passed this ban, and the numbers of states and politicians supporting the idea are climbing. And because of this, I myself, cannot help but to feel an urgency to put an end to the ridiculousness and ignorance of it all, before it's too late, -in my own mind at least- as I see it in 10 or 20 years - the potential exists for this beautiful and wonderfully nature'd animal to become a rare and exotic breed at best or annihilated and extinct.

To me it is a fight on so many different levels, and very real. When I watched the movie, I felt a sense of vindication and exoneration for the breed, which made me feel wonderful. I had no idea anyone would feel otherwise. I do not want to see that one day we may no longer have this privilege to have and love our "baby's" - (Baby girl is my baby!!!). Unfortunately, there is filth out there that exploit, fight, abuse, kill, and neglect these dogs (who I believe are the root cause of all the controversy and banning) - which happens to be a very big, very underground- and very real threat for these dogs--in NY and all across the country.

Most people, including politicians and the general population (who do not have first hand experience with these breeds), do not know what to believe- Even politicians whose intentions may be good, do not know how to solve the long time dog-fighting, abuse, and neglect issues, and with improper training and use of these dogs by some people, it has now become a public safety issue - making politicians feel the need to do something- even if they do not know what to do...(Although I have an idea...)

So you see it is a very complicated issue, and it -is- very sad, and I am sorry that these truths came to light to you in this video. My purpose here at this forum is to enjoy myself, yes, but I am also hoping to find others to band with me here in this mission. My goal is that one day there will be no fear left of the breed, the rumors and the neglect will cease, and pits will take a forever welcomed place in society - (And to help politicians set their statutes and laws correctly so that it targets the exploiters, and not the dogs - heavily -halting this criminal activity)

So again, please forgive me if any offense was taken....

~Thanks for listening~

Sincerely,

http:/groups.to/pit-bulls-are-our-friends/

Jessica

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Welcome to Pit Bull Forum

Return to “Introductions”