just wanted to say hello!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
krzemienr
Newborn Bully

just wanted to say hello!

Postby krzemienr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:43 pm

hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I have recently adopted a pit from local shelter and wanted to share her story and progress. Her name is Pumpkin. She is a fully bread American Staffordshire Terrier (I'm still waiting on the paper work from the shelter to confirm this). She is almost 2 (in october). me and my girlfriend were told she has been abused very badly as a puppy and refused to fight, therefore she was let out on the streets, the shelter picked her up, and again she was found on the streets underweight and full of scars and wounds. We found her about a month ago and instantly fell in love. She has been growing accustomed to her new home rather quickly. We have had her for a month and she already acts like a different dog. She eats well, jumps off the couch or bed when we say outside/walk, responds to her name and come very well. She seems a lot more open with my girlfriend then she is with me, but at least she doesn't run when I bend down to pet her. She barks when some one comes to our front door (she started doing this about a week ago) and is starting to play with our cat and her toys. So over all I think she is getting better and better on a daily basis, and only time will help her heal. since she is also starting to eat her food more peacefully (she used to scarf her food down in less then a minute) we will be introducing her to barf and I have done with all my other dogs. She seemed to have a total lack of proper nutrition and exercise so she looks a little round, but we're constantly working with her to get her to eat and exercise right. Here's a few recent pics of her:

Rafal

krzemienr
Newborn Bully

Postby krzemienr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:49 pm

sorry forgot the basics here..... my name is Rafal and my girlfriend's name is Christy. We live in the lovely town of Schaumburg, IL (northwest suburb of Chicago). We're both 22. I have had pit pull mixes since I was about 13 and when I moved out of my parents home at the age of 18, have been loving them ever since. My whole background on dogs and raw feeding is from my parents as they were both big believers in the system.

bethh
Super Bully

Postby bethh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Welcome! Pumpkin is adorable. Thank you for rescuing her. You all are lucky to have each other. :thumbsup:

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Pumpkin = :inlove:

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Welcome to PBF! Thanks for adopting your girlly...she is beautiful! Do you have any other dogs other than pumpkin?

krzemienr
Newborn Bully

Postby krzemienr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:20 am

no I do not have any other dogs right now, I moved out to an apartment where dogs weren't allowed and lived there for about 2 years, and my girlfriend moved in the last year I was at the apartment and we decided to get a cat. (me and Christy have been dating for 6 years now, lived together for 3, so I guess you can say we're technically married, lol), but we moved out of the apartment and purchased a townhome 2 years ago, and with more space we always talked about adopting a dog, and we did so eventually last month. we waited for a while as the house needed some work to be done to it since it was a foreclosure..... but the cat is a little over a year now (born in July of 07) and her name is Lexi. She's very playful and loves to be around people, when we have friends over she's always laying in the midlle of the room or going from person to person and making sure everyone pets her.... here are some pictures of her and some of Lexi and Pumpkin together.

jenn&aala
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jenn&aala » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:47 am

Pumpkin is a looker! Welcome to PBF and thanks for adopting!

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:59 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”