Hey there! Charlotte, NC

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Beans
Newborn Bully

Hey there! Charlotte, NC

Postby Beans » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:25 am

Hi, I'm Beans, living in lovely Charlotte, NC for the time being. I've lived all over the great United States though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I up and moved again.

I am a dog lover, I volunteer at my local humane society, and am really into animal rescue and not so much into breeding at all. My first bully ownership experience was actually an ex's dog, we lived together so of course Frankie, a rescued, sweet Staffie/Basenji mix was my baby. An Australian Shepherd named Brooks who I had rescued became her best friend. We since broke up and I decided to get Brooks a new friend. I found some 5 week old APBT puppies that needed a good home after animal control had to take away their parents for killing a neighboor's Cocker Spaniel. Loki was the runt of the litter, she was only 2.8 pounds when I took her home. Brooks instantly fell in love with her.

Loki is now 5 months old, and is so freaking smart! I did a lot of research before I adopted her but am still learning as I go. I've been taking her to socialization and training classes and really couldn't be more proud of her. In fact, when people give me grief for getting an APBT, I tell them my Aussie is more aggressive and disobedient than Loki! (Brooks spent the first year and a half of her life on a chain in a backyard, rain or shine, poor thing)

Now my favorite part... I love showing off my doggies, so here come the pictures!!

first day home, with Brooks:

getting bigger!

in the backyard:

they always get excited for some reason when I take the sheets of the bed to wash them:

most recent pic, taken Saturday:

finally, my darling Frankie. (she met Loki once when i was doggie sitting for a weekend)

BonchosBullys
Newborn Bully

Postby BonchosBullys » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:57 am

Oh man there so cute.There is another loki on here shes like amazing man .It must be something with the name i guess.lol well enjoy the forum.

jewelsdaddy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby jewelsdaddy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 am

Welcome!! Loki is adorable.

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Sweet dogs :thumbsup:

nyctone77
Newborn Bully

Postby nyctone77 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:27 pm

so cute love his color and eyes.

bethh
Super Bully

Postby bethh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Welcome Beans! Brooks & Loki are lucky to have you. Thank you for rescuing. :thumbsup:

Beans
Newborn Bully

Postby Beans » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:11 am

thank you everybody!! wow, after browsing the forum yesterday I am just in awe of all the beautiful dogs here!

AznPitGrl
Newborn Bully

Postby AznPitGrl » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:26 am

so cute! and he was soooo little!

:welcome:

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:25 pm

Welcome and very cute dogs!

TuckerPup!
Newborn Bully

Postby TuckerPup! » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:58 pm

Welcome! Beautiful dogs!

Beans
Newborn Bully

Postby Beans » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:17 pm

thanks again everybody!

today poor little Loki suddenly had diarrhea all over the kitchen floor. I freaked out, wondering what it could possibly be... I make sure she never gets any human food.

I found a licked clean ramekin in the living room corner (blue cheese I think?), and a togo box filled with wing sauce and chicken bones on TOP of the trash can. Friggin roommate did it AGAIN! I have told him before, the dogs will get sick or DIE eating chicken wings, please take that trash directly outside!@!

I'm thankful this incident wasn't as bad as it could've been, but that's it with this dude. He hasn't lived here long, but I can't stand it. I am moving in exactly 3 weeks, and will be living by myself.

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:24 am

:modwelcomeonly3:

Return to “Introductions”