Hello there

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
mitsuman
Newborn Bully

Hello there

Postby mitsuman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:05 am

Soon too be(hopefully) pit bull owner here.

My baby recently passed away, it was a pit bull/german shepard mix. Most wonderful dog.

Anyway, i have been interested in a pit bull for quiet some time and am missing that relationship that i once had. No dog could ever replace my tasha, but i do want to bring in a nice beautiful pit into my life :)

anyway. ill be asking some questions soon so keep an eye out!

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:30 am

Please tell us more about yourself so you can be granted access to the rest of the forum. A sample intro is here...
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=64327

mitsuman
Newborn Bully

Postby mitsuman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:11 am

Ariel Payopay wrote:Please tell us more about yourself so you can be granted access to the rest of the forum. A sample intro is here...
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=64327

wow you guys are stirct..i love it

well my name is jonathan salgado. im from Huntington Beach California. tasha was my most recent dog. I got her when i was 9 years old. I remember the day i found out she was mine. My grandparents brought her home and suprised me. She was hidden inside of a paper bag like one found at any grocery store. She was tiny! i named her tasha after a dog that my grandma cared for that was always obedient and friendly.

She was such a good dog. Always listened to me and was VERY very loyal.When she didn't listen to others...she listened to me. i remember being pulled around the neighborhood on my skateboard and getting tired before she wanted to stop. She always seemed to be the "mother". she was wayyy to nice to other dogs and always let them jump all over her, without even growling, ever.

Well more about me. Im 23 years old turning 24 in july. i want a pit bull because from what i have learned they are very loyal dogs and i really want the chance to make an example out of my dog. I believe that too many people unfortunately have the misconception that pit bulls are killers by nature.

i currently live in a household with 2 other dogs. a chihuahua and a havanis (spelling?). the chihuaha grew up with tasha, and outlasted her. he is blind and going deaf but still kicking. Its sad to see him walking around looking for her :(

I was once one of those people who thought pit bulls were killers, but i was not satisfied with the amount of knowledge i had, i was just not satisfied with the hearsay knowledge. i finally decided to do my own personal research, and am happy to say that i have come to the healthy decision that a pit bull is a perfect match for me :)

i love playing any sport. skydiving is my thing as well as cars and motorcycles. if there is anyone in socal who wants to learn to skydive, please contact me!

any other questions please feel free to ask. i am super laid back and have a very open minded/reasonable/logical way of thinking. try to argue with me and i will either agree, or come back at you with facts. i do not fold to pressure.

hope this helps

:peace:

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:52 am

:welcome:
great intro. Sorry to hear about Tasha, in the very least she lived a good long life. We currently have one pittie mix and a poodle mix... We're not doubting the poodle will outlast the pibble... it just always seems to go that way, the smaller the dog, the longer the life lol. Have you considered whether or not you would like to rescue a pit bull? Thats what I did with mine, no regrets... She is perfect and it might sound cheezy, but she is greatful, you can just tell. Anyway, enjoy the site, you'll find loads of great info and even better people here :)

ilovemypits
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovemypits » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:57 am

Welcome to the forum. Kudos to you for doing your research :thumbsup:

mitsuman
Newborn Bully

Postby mitsuman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:45 pm

APBT<3er wrote::welcome:
great intro. Sorry to hear about Tasha, in the very least she lived a good long life. We currently have one pittie mix and a poodle mix... We're not doubting the poodle will outlast the pibble... it just always seems to go that way, the smaller the dog, the longer the life lol. Have you considered whether or not you would like to rescue a pit bull? Thats what I did with mine, no regrets... She is perfect and it might sound cheezy, but she is greatful, you can just tell. Anyway, enjoy the site, you'll find loads of great info and even better people here :)

Yes she definitely lived a very long and pampered life :)

I have considered it, but unfortunately my mom is terrified of dogs in general and said the only way she would be able to be around it is if she saw it grow up. So i have to consider that as well. I do want her to be able to interact with it. I would love to rescue one because i am for that, just cant :(

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:27 pm

Welcome...rescues almost always have pit bull puppies. if your mom is ok with a puppy and you want to rescue that is something to look into:)

mitsuman
Newborn Bully

Postby mitsuman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:33 pm

lauren99 wrote:Welcome...rescues almost always have pit bull puppies. if your mom is ok with a puppy and you want to rescue that is something to look into:)

well duh! cant believe i didn't think of that. thats a superb idea.

Thanks!

i want a pit that will grow up to look similar to this

is this pretty standard for an APBT?

i saw an ad online for a local shelter that has a tan blue nose/red nose mix pup. im not too familiar with what one mix would look like. any ideas? thanks alot

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HersheyBear » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Nose makes absolutely no difference, as it's just a color variety. If a black Lab and yellow Lab are bred, some will be black, and some yellow. That's just how it goes. So if two different color parents of the same breed are bred, the pups will be different colors - but will still be the same breed. :thumbsup:
Breeders who tout nose color , are definitely not in the know, and not reputable.

mitsuman
Newborn Bully

Postby mitsuman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:18 pm

HersheyBear wrote:Nose makes absolutely no difference, as it's just a color variety. If a black Lab and yellow Lab are bred, some will be black, and some yellow. That's just how it goes. So if two different color parents of the same breed are bred, the pups will be different colors - but will still be the same breed. :thumbsup:
Breeders who tout nose color , are definitely not in the know, and not reputable.

Thanks for the info.

here is where i saw the add...

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=10200559

when can i start posting in other forums?

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi Jonathan..glad to have you. Keep checking this thread, the mods will tell you when you have access...sometimes it's a day or so.

mitsuman
Newborn Bully

Postby mitsuman » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:52 pm

spammie wrote:Hi Jonathan..glad to have you. Keep checking this thread, the mods will tell you when you have access...sometimes it's a day or so.

Still nothing...

:sad:

AriesGodofWar
Super Bully

Postby AriesGodofWar » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:31 pm

Sometimes it takes awhile......., but it is well worth it. I would definately look at rescue for a puppy. I know in Missouri, I often have rescuses call me asking if I know anyone that might be able to take a litter of unwanted pups. In fact, I have 3 rescues myself, and all 3 were 10 weeks and under when I got them. I would just call your local rescue and let them know what you are looking for and I am sure they will likely either be able to accomodate you, or know another rescue that can.

One thing to consider though, regardless of where the pup comes from, it can be a bit of a roll of the dice as adult personalities have not formed (ie. you end up with a pup that loves other dogs which turns super hot overnight). If you look for a 1-2 year old, most of these charateristics will likely have manifested themselves already, so you will have a better idea of how the adult dog is. Everyone loves a puppy, but after going through 3 of them, I can say with come certainty, my next APBT will not be a puppy.

mitsuman
Newborn Bully

Postby mitsuman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:53 am

AriesGodofWar wrote:Sometimes it takes awhile......., but it is well worth it. I would definately look at rescue for a puppy. I know in Missouri, I often have rescuses call me asking if I know anyone that might be able to take a litter of unwanted pups. In fact, I have 3 rescues myself, and all 3 were 10 weeks and under when I got them. I would just call your local rescue and let them know what you are looking for and I am sure they will likely either be able to accomodate you, or know another rescue that can.

One thing to consider though, regardless of where the pup comes from, it can be a bit of a roll of the dice as adult personalities have not formed (ie. you end up with a pup that loves other dogs which turns super hot overnight). If you look for a 1-2 year old, most of these charateristics will likely have manifested themselves already, so you will have a better idea of how the adult dog is. Everyone loves a puppy, but after going through 3 of them, I can say with come certainty, my next APBT will not be a puppy.

i actually went today to a shelter to look at some APBT pups but all the females were taken, and i want a male cuz i have a couple girl dogs at the house.

i went around looking at dogs, and i found this absolutely amazing APBT. He was almost 2 years old and o my god he was so adorable. nicest dog there hands down. I probable stayed with him for close to 30 minutes just trying to come up with a way to take him home. Unfortunately he was on hold due to possible ownership and like i said i need a pup cuz my mom is really scared of dogs and wants to see it grow.

But dammit i really really fell in love. I was thinking the whole time i was there how some people just know thats the dog when they see it....well he was it.

Maybe i will call them tomorrow....his review date was today. I take it that means with the new possible owners? If it means something else...i will NOT forgive myself.

Hopefully i get the green light to post in other forums...i have questions..

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:44 am

Welcome Jonathan.

Maybe you could take your mom with you when you visit shelters/rescues. Maybe if she is a little more involved in the choosing she would be less scared of adopting a older dog.

Another thing to consider with a older dog you will pretty much know it's temperment . Maybe you could work with a rescue also, someone that has fostered a dog in their home that really knows the dog they are adopting out.

Good luck! I'm so sorry about Tasha, she sounds like she was a very loyal companion to you.

Return to “Introductions”