Hi

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Brindle crystal
Newborn Bully

Hi

Postby Brindle crystal » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi, I'm from the Uk and own a 12 month old Rottweiler bitch and we have just recently rescued another pup from cruel owners. We found the pup cramped up in a tiny cage, very underweight and sat in its own urine. I dont know how anyone can be so cruel.We were told the pup was a staffy x boxer but im thinking shes actually a pit mix. Ive joined the forum because i want to know about the breed and what better place to learn than with people that actually own them. I will try and post some pictures of her but im not too good with this sort of stuff so fingers x it works. Ive never seen a pit bull, only on the comp and telly as they are banned from the UK although i do know there are some still here. If you do think she is a pit mix i will still have to tell people here in the uk shes a staffy mix as she will be taken from me and destroyed and i dont want that to happen. This is crystal after one day with us...we still cant get all the yellow staining out of her fur. Any ideas??
[/url]

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:38 pm

:welcome:

your picture didn't work. do you have an account on photobucket? photobucket makes life easier, especially for those of us who aren't especially picture savvy lol :) kudos to you for rescuing... I also chose the rescue route and am sooo happy i did. I couldn't imagine my poor dolly still in rescue, or worst put to sleep. Can't wait to see pictures, don't forget to post pics of your rottie to :)

Brindle crystal
Newborn Bully

Postby Brindle crystal » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi thank you for your reply. I will open a photobucket account and get back to you with the pictures. Crystal is a lovely baby and settling in very well and is so friendly. she loves my 3 kids aged 6 3 and 18 months and follows them about all over the house. she loves Holly our rottie too but is scared of our 5 cats. I supose they are a bit mean but as soon as they get to know her and realise she isnt going to hurt them im sure they will all be ok. please i really hope i dont get any hurtfull comments from anyone. crystal isnt in great condition but i have only had her one day and picked her up from this house after hearing from someone that they no longer wanted her. she is 10 weeks old so im told but to me she looks younger than that. it could purely be because she is so thin.. ill be back in a short while after i have opened up an account on photobucket and then i will try and post some pictures again...Ill include some pics of my other baby Holly (rottie) also. she was one years old 2 days ago.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:03 pm

I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone being intentionally hurtful here; you're more likely to receive emotionally invested advice lol. When I first got my pittie, she was skin and bones, its something you come to expect when you rescue. :thumbsup: can't wait to see the pics :)

Brindle crystal
Newborn Bully

Postby Brindle crystal » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Holly at 8 weeks

Holly at 7 months

Holly NOW (12 months)

And here is our newest member of the family...our little crystal (not sure if she has pit bull in her. opinions welcome)

Beckie x

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:18 pm

your rottie is adorable, as is your little pup. I would go so far as to say that the pup looks more like a boxer/rat terrier to me. Others may disagree. The second picture is what makes me wonder though.

Brindle crystal
Newborn Bully

Postby Brindle crystal » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:25 pm

Ive never heard of a rat terrier...am going to have a look up on the net. mabe they are called something different over here i dunno. ill have a look. She is very underweight shes all skin and bones so mabe as she gets a little older and fills out a bit more ill be able to tell then. Been lookingat some pics of the doggies on the forum and you all have lovely dogs. So sad they are banned here

Brindle crystal
Newborn Bully

Postby Brindle crystal » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:34 pm

Ive just read and looked at a rat terrier on the net and it looks very much like a jack russell to me. Are they about the same height? Id say our baby is actually taller than a JR and she is only 10 weeks old. i do think she looks a bit like one in the face but i think her face is only thinner due to malnutrition and that it will broaden. but thanks fotr the opinion. I also wanted to mention which i forgot befor is that she has quite webbed feet. Ive not really seen this in many breeds and saw something about pit bulls have webbed feet. Is this true?? thats one of the things that got me thinking she might be a pit when we were told she was a staffy x boxer when these two breeds dont have webbed feet.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:58 pm

I honestly don't know about pitties having webbed feet... they weren't bred for the water, so I don't see why they should have webbed toes, but neither were dachsunds and apparently they have webbed toes... I'm gonna have to try to find some info on this.. I'm intrigued.. I'd look at my dogs toes, but shes a mix, and shes at home, so shes not gonna serve me much good now lol.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:00 pm

just wanted to add that the second pic does really look like a pit; atleast staffordshire terriers aren't banned where you are, and the average person can't tell the difference anyway :)

kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kaytenmags » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:11 pm

welcome!
thanks for rescuing that pup :thumbsup:
where in the UK are you from?

Brindle crystal
Newborn Bully

Postby Brindle crystal » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:38 pm

kaytenmags wrote:welcome!
thanks for rescuing that pup :thumbsup:
where in the UK are you from?

Hi im from Berkshire in South East England.

To APBT: I thought it odd when i read that they had webbed feet also. I dont know anything much about pits really other than that they are great loyal family dogs that are misunderstood but when we picked up this pup and we were told the mum was a staffy and they paused a bit before saying the dad was a boxer that we thought they were lying. it was just the way they said it. we got her home gave her a good bath and thats when we noticed the feet had extra skin between the toes so we typed into the such engine bull dog breeds with webbed feet and pit bull came up so i then went onto yahoo answers and looked for a question about pits having webbed feet and over half the replies that came back said that their pit bulls did have webbed feet and its not for swimming purposes but for stability. others said their pit bulls didnt so im not entirely sure if its true.

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Good to have you

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:18 am

Holly is gorgeous! and how wondeful that you saved that poor pup Crystal... I'm sure she'll be doing well in no time... possible she is a pit bull mix, time will tell.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:44 pm

cute pup and beautiful rottweiler!

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”