New here, looking for help :-)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Obed
Forum Junky

Postby Obed » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:48 pm

get-er-done... welcome

meginok
Bully Ambassador

Postby meginok » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Welcome! Hope you get all the answers you need. Lucky girl to have found you!

Many around here will tell you to "never trust a pit bull not to fight," meaning that they keep their dogs separated when they are not under direct supervision. I do this with my dogs (two muttly wonders, one of which likely has some bully of some sort in her). They are in crates unless there's a human watching over them.

There are plenty of people who have pit bulls with other dogs (some pits, some not) who do not separate them when unsupervised, and they've had no problems. HOWEVER, there are threads in this very forum describing the tragic aftermath of some dogs, who were previously fine with each other, being left alone together.

It's a personal choice you have to make. Personally, I choose to separate my powerful dogs from one another when I'm not there to make sure they're okay. Paranoid??? Dunno. Peace of mind? Yes.

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:06 pm

meginok wrote:Welcome! Hope you get all the answers you need. Lucky girl to have found you!

Many around here will tell you to "never trust a pit bull not to fight," meaning that they keep their dogs separated when they are not under direct supervision. I do this with my dogs (two muttly wonders, one of which likely has some bully of some sort in her). They are in crates unless there's a human watching over them.

There are plenty of people who have pit bulls with other dogs (some pits, some not) who do not separate them when unsupervised, and they've had no problems. HOWEVER, there are threads in this very forum describing the tragic aftermath of some dogs, who were previously fine with each other, being left alone together.

It's a personal choice you have to make. Personally, I choose to separate my powerful dogs from one another when I'm not there to make sure they're okay. Paranoid??? Dunno. Peace of mind? Yes.

Welcome! :)) And x2 on the above post!

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:24 pm

welcome and great intro!

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:37 pm

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:12 pm

congrats on your new addition, sounds like she's doing well with you!

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”