Hello From Alberta!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:10 am

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a horsey person first too (she's in my avatar), and my first dog was Marley my current APBT... I think I've done okay so far, and you're already researching so you are ahead of the game :thumbsup:

You'll find all kinds of great information on here :)

You should post some pics of your horse, we like all kinds of animals on here.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 am

:welcome:
I used to live in Alberta... Carstairs actually... its a smallllllll town. One of my friends from out there moved to Edmonton and breeds horses, definately not a backyard breeder though, she competes pretty well and trains other peoples horses for them. She breeds quarters and paints. Horses out there are a dime a dozen though.... Seriously, its sad, I could pick up a trailor, find 2 grand and come back with 5 horses. If not more. Here, its ATLEAST 2 grand a horse, for anything decent anyway. I had a palomino colt, he was spawn of satan, and I was just plain inexperienced, we danced a pretty dangerous tango together lol.

Anywho, on the pittie front, you've definately come to the right place to learn, there are amazing people here loaded with great info.

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:04 am

Welcome Kaile!!! We're so glad to have you! You will get all the info you need here, for sure. :))

kteam
Newborn Bully

Postby kteam » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:59 am

Welcome :peace:

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:54 pm

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:51 pm

Welcome to PBF! Beautiful horse!

I own 9 horses, 8 Tennessee Walking Horses and 1 Arabian!

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:19 pm

awww.. your horse is adorable, her face looks a lot like my girl's (mine is an appendix quarter horse and a lot older than your girl :) ):

I used to volunteer with a group called PMU foalquest out of Olds, AB that bought up the Premarin foals and shipped them all over North America... I was the New Brunswick rep :)

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:26 am

bolderthing wrote:I wish I had time for another 8 horses! That would be fun!

Your girl has a pretty face, she looks like she's concentrating!

Foalquest was where I wanted to get a horse from, but by the time I was ready to buy, Foalquest was done! I got her from another rescue who had gotten her from a PMU farm that was clearing out, she supposed to be a TB clyde cross. HA! I doubt that.

Judging from the picture you posted, I'd say your horse is a quarter horse, shes got the small head, the cute little pointed ears and the big bum. :)

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Welcome!! I have 4 horses (3 dutch cross and a westfalen)...I also have been riding since I was young...horses and dogs, bets of both worlds lol

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:50 pm

bolderthing wrote:I wish I had time for another 8 horses! That would be fun!

Yea, we have 32 acres so they have lots of room and it can get pretty expensive taking care of them but we would not have it any other way. They are awesome animals.

hwillm1977, your horse is beautiful!

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:12 am

God, I miss my horse. He was an Anglo-Arab. So funny that I look down onfaddog breeders, but then again he wasn't marketed as a Arab-Poo lol lol lol lol Best horse I EVER came in contact with by far. I just can't afford them now. :teardrops:

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:14 am

bolderthing wrote:Not to seem impatient or anything, as I realize this this is a high traffic site, but I was wondering on the average length of wait time before being granted access?

It can take a couple days. The mods have real jobs and dogs to deal with. If Arial paid them they could be here ALL DAY! lol

JenLeigh
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby JenLeigh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:52 pm

just keep bumpin. they won't miss ya. no worries. ur horse is pretty. my dog actually reminds me of a horse all the time. he's got the apple cheeks. when he's runnin up behind ya it sounds like a herd of horses he just pounds so hard. he's real fast. he eats grass. he whinnies...*cries, talks, complains, etc*...sounds like a horse, or he's scottish cuz he rolls his Rs. *shrugs* and he grazes!!...lol...i scatter his food cuz he's a vaccum that has no idea how to chew. lol. so he grazes around the kitchen at dinner time. i should get a pic n show u.

i live in alberta too, 4 hours north of edmonton outside of grande prairie. n it's so cold right now.

so what sparked your love of Pit Bulls?

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:24 pm

:modwelcomeonly3:

Return to “Introductions”