whats up everyone from Boston MA

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
roxybrix
Newborn Bully

whats up everyone from Boston MA

Postby roxybrix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:57 am

WOW i wrote SO MUCH STUFF and some dumb message came up the task manager closed my window GGRRR i'm now that motivated anymore but i'll try

SO i'm 25 years old i own 3 apbt Roxi Brix and Jawz.
Jawz is the oldest at 4 years old i love him i had him since he was 2 months old 2 be honest i stole him from some guy he left him on the porch for days looking in the trash for what ever he could find. i ended up paying the guy $100 after confronting him and letting him know he wasn't getting jawz back( jawz is the wite and brindle in the pics).

brix and roxi are both related i got them from a friend of mine because (sorry if this sounds messed up guys hope you don't hate me hope you'll understand) i plan on getting rid of him i'll explain y in another post. roxi and brix are 6 months since nov 30th. brix is has so much energy he loves the rope, he loves hanging on ropes and chasing after tennis balls .. Roxi loves sticks branches amd tennis balls. she loves people and dogs but she won't play with one untill she pins them down to submit to her. i don't know y. brix doesn't care he plays with anything and everyone. lol they're funny, i have some pics they i'll be putting up . the blue pitbull in the pic name is capone he is 3 months old now he belongs to a friend of mine he lives next door to me. i'm also going to put pics up of roxi and brix's parents the black one is taz. he is a beast and the brown-ish tan pitbull is goldie

any questions please ask :D

roxybrix
Newborn Bully

Postby roxybrix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:14 am

goldie
Taz
Rocky Roxi and Brix
Brix

capone
roxi
rocky
Jawz
ROXI
ROCKY
ROXI AND KANO

KANO
Jawz and Brix

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:28 am

welcome
Why do you plan to "get rid" of your dog?
Also, I see that the dogs don't appear to be altered, is there a reason for that? I sincerely hope that you're not going to breed the dogs. There are already too many pit bull puppies and adult dogs in shelters waiting to be adopted, no need to rob those dogs of their lives by bringing more unwanted pups into the world. And the last thing that I'll comment on is the fact that the puppy in one of the pictures is wearing a chain that looks ridiculously heavy. Anyway, this is the perfect place for a pittie owner to learn, there is loads of great info, and really nice people who genuinely care for their dogs and the breed.

roxybrix
Newborn Bully

Postby roxybrix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:22 pm

kano is also ralated to roxi and brix he owned by a friend down the street there are many of us out here i say about 12 pitbulls all together rocky is the black brindle pup that i'm watching for a while till my friend comes back from new york.

i plan on getting rid of jawz because he doesn't respect my 4 year old Silas for some reason. its been like that for a while , i tried working with jawz and silas for a while but jawz isn't changing. jawz is always growling at silas when he's eating or when silas decides to tell him to move or if jawz is sitting with me sometimes when my son comes he'll growl . i alwayz correct him the momment he does it . i tryed letting my son prepare the food with jawz that usually works with most dogs but with jawz it just doesn't matter to him. after silas tells jawz to sit puts the food down and tells him to get it, right after that silas must move and i try to correct the situation but thats the only thing about him that i could not change.and he only does this with kids and other dogs.

this is y i have to let him go. i tried for a year hoping that i could change him and i'm usually really good about training my dogs but thats just the only thing he wont change. i'm wondering if its because how he was treated before i got him, i would think he was too young to remember.

the reason y i tryed for so long is because other then that problem he is the perfect dog for me. he listens off the leash he go to the other side of the field i bring him to and when i whistle for him he alwayz comes back i like the fact that i can walk him across the street with out a leash. and that he is not dog aggressive . Also he is the 1st dog that i got when i moved on my own and i think about everything that i do for him and what may happen to him if i get rid of him. i went to the mspca not to long ago ( like about a week ago) there are nothing but pitbulls in there and i can't imagine him behind those cages, it hurts when i imagine it. He doesn't deserves to die witch thats probably going to happen to most those dogs that i saw. all he needs is a person with no kids who is as active as i am with him and a field. but no one wants a grown dog so i'm just stuck i look at him every day knowing that i have to let him go but i want him to live and be happy.

roxybrix
Newborn Bully

Postby roxybrix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:35 pm

yea that was brix with that chain roxi ate his harness andthat was the only thing i had in the house for a few days till i got him the collar that he has own now. NO i don't plan on mating them its soo crazy what your saying because my friend had 11 puppies i helped him sell the puppies and kept the numbers of the poeple who took them. you don't know how many calls we got back that they had to move and couldn't take care of them . some of the puppies had 3-4 homes it was rediculous and it stressed me out so much. from that experiance i don't want to mate my dogs because i'll br bringing in lives the didn't ask to come in the world and most likely they'll be put to sleep or abused and i can't have that on my head, it really bothers me.

Question- does anyone know a place where my friend can go to get his blue pups ear cropped he's been looking for a while but can't find a place.
new hamphire, main, providence,Mass?

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:28 pm

roxybrix wrote: i went to the mspca not to long ago ( like about a week ago) there are nothing but pitbulls in there and i can't imagine him behind those cages, it hurts when i imagine it. He doesn't deserves to die witch thats probably going to happen to most those dogs that i saw.

Thats why I asked if you plan to have your dogs neutered or breed them.

also, food aggression isn't something that is hard to stifle. Get him a crate and feed him in it. That way your 4 year old isn't at risk. Then, watch that he doesn't begin to show aggression for any other reasons. Rescues are over flowing with pit bulls. His chances in rescue are slim to none at best.

Also, you will come to find here that a lot of the members are against having dogs offleash. Not necessarily because our own dogs are bad off leash, but because you cannot account for other peoples dogs. And we all know that in a dog fight, everyone is quick to point fingers at the pit bull. I really hope that you stay on the forum, and I don't mean that in a rude way, but its because there really is a lot to learn here, and your dogs could surely benefit from it. Mine definately have.

roxybrix
Newborn Bully

Postby roxybrix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:09 pm

yes i can see i do have lots to learn and i'm willing to learn anything i can about this breed.

i hope my lack of knowledge doesn't reck my character. i know i might say some things in the future that might bother some people we're all different. I'm still learning. i can't wait to start asking questions, i have so many i don't know where to begin haha . ofcourse i'll try and look into the search engine but most the questions that i want to ask i can't find there and i know a descent amount of them have been asked before.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Welcome to PBF!
If you mean you have a 4yr. old child the older dog is barking/snapping at, you need to get that under control right now - and if not, then by all means, give up the dog before it bites or hurts your child.

Also look into spay/neuter clinics NOW instead of waiting - there are many places that will do it reduced or free. Also bring your friend's dog there too :)

roxybrix
Newborn Bully

Postby roxybrix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:54 pm

does anyone know how long it usually takes to get access to the other parts of the forum? :sad:

he hasn't snapped at him but i can't seem to control it . he does listen to me but over all he stays the same way. thats y i'm trying to find him a new home with an active person with out kids.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:03 pm

Buy a crate. You can find them on CL or Kijiji fairly inexpensively. Some shelters wont even take a pit bull that shows food aggression, others euthanize them BECAUSE of food aggression. If you feed the dog in his crate, then you're definately minimizing the risk of ANYONE getting hurt. If hes not showing any other signs of aggression than food aggression then I wouldn't rehome him.

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:06 am

It can take a few days for access to the board. In the meantime, read all you can, this is a great place for solid infoon the breed.

Obed
Forum Junky

Postby Obed » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:16 am

welcome, hope you are able to work all this out...

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:15 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”