Hello from Jersey

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
The Dukes dad
Newborn Bully

Hello from Jersey

Postby The Dukes dad » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:14 pm

Allow me to introduce myself; I am a 29 yr old male from South Jersey, married with 3 boys two of them are of the two legged varity and the other is my 6 month blue nose The Duke. How I got the idea of a pitbull: Although I've had friends who have owned them and been around pits for a long time I never really had the itch to own a dog until this past summer. My neighbor who has become a good friend over the last few years had gotten really into camping and while they are away I volunteered to let their adult female pit out on the weekends and got attached.
I have to admit that Duke did not come from a shelter but it wasn't due to a lack of trying. The apbts that I found in shelters in my area were either grown or mixes and selfish or not I wanted a purebred puppy. I found Duke's ad on Hoobly and the family and I packed up and headed to North carolina about 7 hours away. We picked him up and made our way to Virginia beach where we made a weekend of it. Our boy was 9 weeks old on the beach and in the Atlantic ocean, pretty cool. He's been pretty good ever since although he does like to grab things from around the house and drag them through the doggie door. Duke loves to excercise and play in the yard. I recently built him a spring pole to burn of some energy which is how I stumbled upon this site.....
I spend most of my time chasing the kids all three of them! working or outside hunting and fishing. I wanted to add some pics but the sticky with instructions is not working at the moment, I will try later.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:25 pm

:welcome:
if you have an account on a site like photobucket you can just copy paste the url for your pictures.

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 am

Glad to have you join us....this is a great place to learn about the breed

Obed
Forum Junky

Postby Obed » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:11 am

welcome and get some pics up

The Dukes dad
Newborn Bully

Picture posting

Postby The Dukes dad » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:06 am

[img]I%20don't%20have%20anything%20like%20photobucket.%20Is%20there%20a%20way%20I%20can%20post%20pictures%20from%20the%20files%20on%20my%20computer?[/img]

The Dukes dad
Newborn Bully

first photobucket try

Postby The Dukes dad » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:48 am

[/url]http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr208/jv79/10-30006.jpg http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr208/jv79/10-30006.jpg

The Dukes dad
Newborn Bully

Duke

Postby The Dukes dad » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:11 pm

Again sorry for multiple posts. Duke did not come from a "breeder" per say but from a family where two of there pets were bred in order to have piece of their beloved ones when they passed on. After reading more on the site I've realized just how rescue oriented the site is. If I wanted to just get a dog from a "breeder" I could have done so far closer to home. Sorry, just don't want people to think I have contributed to the problem.

pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgrl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:28 pm

welcome. nice pup.

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Re: Duke

Postby GoingPostal » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:45 pm

The Dukes dad wrote:Again sorry for multiple posts. Duke did not come from a "breeder" per say but from a family where two of there pets were bred in order to have piece of their beloved ones when they passed on. After reading more on the site I've realized just how rescue oriented the site is. If I wanted to just get a dog from a "breeder" I could have done so far closer to home. Sorry, just don't want people to think I have contributed to the problem.

That's still a byb, casual breedings just like that is exactly what fills up our shelters. And the worse part is those scatterbred puppies will be nothing like their parents at all. A lot of people seem to think breeding Buddy to the bitch next door is going to magically produce more dogs like Buddy when the reality is you are breeding complete unknowns, probably full of health problems because those types don't health test, they are breeding because their dogs is so "awesome and friendly". :crybaby:

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Cute pup

The Dukes dad
Newborn Bully

Postby The Dukes dad » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Well postal not sure what a byb is but Duke's dam and sire were health tested and he is registered UKC. Either way I know rescue is the way to go but I didn't find what I wanted... My 2 cats and other dog were all rescues.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:31 am

BYB = back yard breeder

Understand that we're not attacking you here, but you could have found a UKC registered pup in a shelter. Its maybe rare, but its not unheard of. We are rescue oriented because a lot of members here work in shelters, or run rescues, or donate their time, or foster, or blah blah blah, because we love the breed so much and we know how many are euthanized EVERY day because of BYBs.

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:12 am

:modwelcomeonly3:

bethh
Super Bully

Postby bethh » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Welcome. Duke is adorable.

Return to “Introductions”