Hey, Im new to the site

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
nokepit
Newborn Bully

Hey, Im new to the site

Postby nokepit » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:16 am

Hey everyone,
I am in the process of buying my FIRST amstaff terrier. I have always had a huge interest in the breed, especially with all of the negative press about them. My purpose is to show everyone I know that bull breeds are not "mean" or "agressive" dogs, and to show off their emaculate talent for pleasing their owner. Hope to make some friends and learn some new things.
thanks,
- Josh-

nokepit
Newborn Bully

Postby nokepit » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:24 am

also have alot of questions about weight pulling so i could use all the advice i can get

nokepit
Newborn Bully

Postby nokepit » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:11 am

sueb
Addicted to PBF

Postby sueb » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:12 am

Welcome to the forum! You'll learn a lot here. I can't help you with weight pull advice, my dogs are spoiled couch potatoes, but there are a lot of people here who can.
Are you getting your pup from a shelter or a breeder?

nokepit
Newborn Bully

Postby nokepit » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:36 am

Im getting him from a breeder. i checked all of the surrounding shelters and couldnt find a pit.

sueb
Addicted to PBF

Postby sueb » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:57 pm

Really?! Most shelters are crawling with pit bulls and pit mixes. In fact, I bet if you typed your zip code in at www.petfinder.com you'd find oodles of them. Just thought I'd mention that. (We're a very rescue oriented site, can you tell? lol)
When do you get to pick up your pup?

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

There's not a lot of amstaffs doing weight pull, not that they couldn't, but I can't think of any that were bred for it. So, you'd probably not be at any greater advantage with an amstaff that hasn't been bred to work, then you would w/a rescue dog. We can certainly find you a rescue w/a working temperament, as this board has tons of resources.
If you are going w/a breeder, it should be someone who x-rays for hip and elbow dysplasia, as well as has a veterinary cardiologist check for heart issues. All of those problems are sadly, relatively common.

nokepit
Newborn Bully

Intro

Postby nokepit » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Hey everyone I am a 17 year old and about to be a amstaff owner. I have always loved the bull breeds and finally able to get one. I have been a dog lover all my life and wouldnt have it any other way. I am an amature body builder and live in virginia. I want to start training my pup for weight pull competitions as soon as possible. Any more questions? dont hesitate to ask.

-Josh-

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:52 am

:modwelcomeonly3:

Return to “Introductions”