Hi all new here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi all new here

Postby GT99 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:39 pm

Hi,

Nice to find a pitty board with so many members.

I have 2 pitbulls, a male and female (brother and sister) that are both 11 weeks old.

The mother was pregnant when she was rescued from a house that was taken in a dogfighting bust.

I am a volunteer at the humane society and we have a "no kill" policy which is suprising for a bigger city, by no kill I mean as long as the dog is not human aggressive then it will stay there until it is adopted, unfortunatly a couple pitbulls have been sitting there the longest (over a year) My favorite one included, I would love to take her home but I had to choose between saving the 2 pups or saving her, I choose the pups as I wanted 2 and I can also "try" to curb aggression because I take my dogs everywhere and it would mean alot if I could get them to tolerate my parents dog (pitbull/bullmastiff) and my cousins Boxer as I spend alot of time with them. The dog I like from the shelter (hayley) is too dog aggressive and so is my parents Pitty/bullmastiff, whereas my parents dog will not hurt the pups so I am trying to socialize them now while they are young.

I was also running out of time, There is a very real possiblity of a Ban happening here in Ontario, Canada and the ruling was "supposed" to be happening the begining of January, as most know it takes 3 votes to pass the bill and they had 2 votes prior that were overwhelmingly in favor of the ban. I decided I needed to save these pups before that happened as shelters will be forced to euthanize the many innocent pitbulls that they cant adopt out before the ban and relocating out of Ontario is hard due to the fact that most shelters are overflowing with pitbulls and there is no room and the cost is also an issue but Something happened and now they are planning on a few public hearings which is great news, hopefully this ban doesnt go through.

Both have such different personalities even at this age but they are both great and I wouldnt trade them for the world, even though they can drive me nuts when my girlfriend is on another shift (I forgot about how crazy pups can be since its been awhile)

Keira is black brindle and white, Boomer is white and red/Brown with light brindling, red nose and greenish gold eyes.

I hope that training will curb the aggression so that we will not have to seperate them (other than when we are not home) But I have had pitbulls and pitbull mixes in the past and realise it often happens so I know how to deal with it, but hopefully it wont be bad as I would love to have them live in peace, aggression is something I can live with though as the qualities this breed has far outweighs the negatives and there is nothing quite like a true bulldog!

I have a few pictures of Boomer (my male) and Keira (my female) but I do not know how to post them. Would anyone offer to post them for me if I email the pictures?
GT99

Postby Boo439 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:43 pm

Welcome to the board. Keira and Boomer sound cute! Thank you for taking them in. :)
Boo439

Postby Motodiva » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:46 pm

Welcome! Lots of great info here!

Sanya
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby X-girl » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:13 pm

:welcome:
X-girl
Regulator

Postby PitBullPride » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:22 pm

:welcome:
PitBullPride

Postby GT99 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:07 pm

well uploaded some pictures to photobucket, lets see if this works.....

GT99

Postby PitBullPride » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:07 pm

OMG!!!! They are SO cute!!!!!!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
PitBullPride

Postby blover27 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:08 pm

very cute :thumbsup: welcome :))
blover27

Postby pitbullforever » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:47 pm

:welcome: your puppies are so cute. yeah we all know about the ban up there. bsl is such a bad sucks!!!!!! :))
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby ArmaniPit » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:22 pm

Cute lil puppies gotta love them!
ArmaniPit

Postby kernel scurry » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:42 pm

welcome! :)
kernel scurry

Postby Boscoe13 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:05 pm

:welcome: Your pups are so cute! :inlove:
Boscoe13

Postby whiskeyman » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:35 pm

good lookin puppers!!!

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby Benjamin789 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:40 pm

Two cute puppies. :thumbsup:
Benjamin789

Postby GT99 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:52 pm

Thanks for the compliments!

They are both great, Boomer the male is the calm one, Keira is like the anti christ lol, well not really she is just the escape artist and outgoing one. He has the power on her but she is a ball of speed and agility, far more curious and adventurous than him. Polar opposites but I love that about them. they seem to have more energy than most pups I have had, normally a couple hours of "go time" then a short rest and the cycle repeats, these guys "go" for 6 hours at a time, but when it is time to slow down they will beg to come up with us on the couch, then sleep with us in the bed.

I know some people dont like that and figure it will be hard to break the habit. But even when full grown, the bed is open as well as the couch, all my dogs have been treated like my kids and spoiled to death.

Its a better life than the fighting pits they were no doubt destined for before their mother was rescued
GT99

Next

Return to Introductions