Hello all

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
SouthernRipper
Newborn Bully

Hello all

Postby SouthernRipper » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Hey, our names are Bryan and Lilo. We're from VA and look forward to meeting some fun people, learning some new stuff, and making frineds on this great site!

Lilo was adopted 2 years ago from teh Prince William County animal shelter. He was put there as his previous owners kept him in a crate for up to 15 hours straight every day and didnt have the time or space to take care of him. He now runs the farm! 15 acres and a toy fox terrier this dog has it made!

maynard
Newborn Bully

Postby maynard » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:45 pm

great looking dog man

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:02 pm

:welcome:

what a cutie! I love his little floppy ears. and the last picture, is awsome... Dolly would never sit still for a picture like that, her tongue would be all over the lense. and then when I said no, she'd be doing zoomies and I'd have dog prints all over me lol

Obed
Forum Junky

Postby Obed » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:55 pm

welcome and thanks for the pics

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Welcome, great pics :)

brannybritchcock
Adolescent Bully

Postby brannybritchcock » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:43 pm

great pics and what a fantastic looking dog! I'm sure you pup thanks his luck stars you found him. welcome to the forum friend.

SouthernRipper
Newborn Bully

Postby SouthernRipper » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks for all the compliments!
We look forward to recieving full posting access hopefully soon!

If anyone is reading this post and deciding whether or not to buy or adopt a pit, or any dog for that matter, I strongly urge you to consider adopting. I know without a doubt Lilo knows what I did for him and he pays me back everyday with his loyalty (the kind only a pit can give) and love. Youll know this when you walk home into your first butt wiggle! Just beware of the tail!

icebluelily
Super Bully

Postby icebluelily » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:44 pm

:welcome:

cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby cecollins » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 pm

WOW what a beautiful dog! You are so lucky. Welcome you will love it here.

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HersheyBear » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:28 pm

What a beautiful dog!

Chubutta
Newborn Bully

Postby Chubutta » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:34 pm

awesome looking dog!!!

natebritchcock
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby natebritchcock » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:14 pm

thanks for adopting! your pup looks happy as

sneakysnook
Newborn Bully

Postby sneakysnook » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Welcome!
You have a great looking dog.

SouthernRipper
Newborn Bully

Postby SouthernRipper » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:56 pm

*BUMP*

SouthernRipper
Newborn Bully

Postby SouthernRipper » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:12 pm

I suppose while I wait for access I can tell you some more about Lilo. As I mentioned he was adopted from the animal shelter and in his paper work they listed contact information from the family that gave him up. After a few weeks of getting to know Lilo and his amazing personality I had to find out how anyone could give up a dog like this. So I called. The woman was very nice and happy to hear that he had found a home. She explained that the puppy was purchased from her brother in law (a breeder) for their 7 year old daughter. The son was on a travel basketball team and they left town every weekend and would leave Lilo in a crate for 48 hours he was let out once a day when i neighbor would stop by to change out his water give him food and let him roam the apartment. The woman worked and the children were in school so for periods up to 15 hours every weekday Lilo would be still confined to his crate. They felt sorry for him and immediately took him to the pound.

Lilo was 10 months old 43 lbs and very shy when he came to us. It took him maybe 2 minutes to warm up to us and immediately joined our family. Now he’s a little chunky lol at 75 lbs and 3 years old this June. I have the pleasure of being able to take him to work with me everyday and ironically enough his favorite place is his crate with an overstuffed oversized pillow in it! I'll post pics of his "throne" on Monday when I can take some at work.

I got into pitbulls by accident. My girlfriend was on the hunt for a puppy and we had a routine set after a few weeks. Check the pet stores, then call some breeders, then finally walk through the animal shelter. She would go left were puppies and kittens were held and I would go right where all other dogs were. By the time I walked the circle of cages she was usually finished and ready to go. One day as I was walking the circle I came upon the last cage and there he was, curled up into an almost impossibly small ball in the back corner of the cage. He immediately came over butt wiggling, tail assaulting anything in its way, and licking anything that touched the cage door. I asked the caretakers if I could take him out to the pen and play with him, they of course agreed. When my GF finally found me I had made up my mind. The dog was coming home. She insisted upon a puppy but I wasn’t wavering in my decision and within a week Lilo had yet another person wrapped around his paws! If Lilo is a viscous mean pitbull then I’m a green Martian! I hope that more dogs such as Lilo make it to the spotlight and promote the positive image this breed should have. That said I hope you enjoyed learning some more about us feel free to ask any questions and we look forward to posting in other topics hopefully soon!

Bryan and Lilo

Return to “Introductions”