BSL in military housing-please contact me if you're a victim

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 pm

A club member is dealing with owners of pit bulls at Luke air force base (AZ) and the base vet, to work things out.There is a ban on base but apparently she has been able to help these owners to keep their dogs.I will try to contact her and see if she knows of anyone who would like to write something.

Would you post your article when done? I live in a AFB in California and we do not have BSL but you never know when it pops up.The closest town has just passed mandatory spay and neuter and a new vicious dog ordinance so...we'll see what happens.

SupriseInside
Bully Ambassador

Postby SupriseInside » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:30 am

Welcome to PBF. Good luck with your article!

Enamorada
Super Bully

Postby Enamorada » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:03 pm

I know that a rescue here on Oahu that has adopted out pit bulls (or pit bull mixes) to military and has been getting calls from distressed people saying the authorities took their dog away.

So far the story seems to be that a neighbor calls and reports they've seen someone with a pit bull.
On Hickam AFB pit bulls and rotties are not allowed, although i constantly see pits or pit mixes on base. Maybe the well behaved ones aren't getting reported?

I've been told this is happening at all the military bases. :sad:

Enamorada
Super Bully

Postby Enamorada » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Edit: "all" the military bases on Oahu.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:33 pm

lynnie, are you interested in joining the forum, or just looking for this specific info? Either way, I hope we can help you out. If you'd like to join, there's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

mlmaas
Newborn Bully

BSL

Postby mlmaas » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:29 am

when you do the move-in here in beaufort, they tell you know pitbulls,rottweilers,etc. but it's not in paper. needless to say a lot of people have "terrier mixes" here.

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:56 pm

There were no breed bans on any of the bases on Okinawa (Marine, Air Force, Army or Navy) and there aren't any restrictions at Scott AFB in Illinois. I heard breed bans were becoming more common on bases though, but haven't seen it first hand.

And welcome to PBF.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Return to “Introductions”