Ruby Red and Cosby Platinum and myself, of course.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
laurieellis27
Newborn Bully

Ruby Red and Cosby Platinum and myself, of course.

Postby laurieellis27 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 pm

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/laurieellis27/ebay11027.jpg
That is my Ruby! I rescued her from the McCrackin County Humane Society in Paducah, Ky. They claimed she was only 6 months old but after taking her to vet they assured me she was two years old and boy does she act like it. She is a very mature and obedient dog and is very loving and affectionate. It's a shame that she was kept in that humane society. She thinks she is a lap dog. She is only 35lbs and very fit! Full grown red nose with golden eyes. She is a beauty!

I also just recently purchased a solid blue pitbull with gorgeous white chest and beautiful blue eyes. He is a looker! He is going on eight weeks and loves his big sister to death and they play and have loads of fun.
[/url]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/laurieellis27/ebay11037.jpg[/url] That is cosby platinum snoozing with his big sis ruby! As he gets older and more cooperative with the camera I will get more pics of him. He is full of mischief.

I live in metropolis, il and I have two daughters age 3 and 7 and I have a husband and our two dogs of course, so I am super busy. I also attend school and run a business on the side. I love pitbulls and I am all for showing mine off and getting peoples reactions when they learn my sweet dog is a pitbull...especially the older people who watch the news and are scared to death. My dogs don't have the ears cut so they don't look so mean and people don't realize they are pits. I can't wait to meet other pitbull owners and learn some tricks and learn period. [/url]

BlueStar05
Adolescent Bully

Postby BlueStar05 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 pm

welcome! Beautiful dogs!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Welcome to PBF!

laurieellis27
Newborn Bully

Postby laurieellis27 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:28 pm

thank you! I had no idea what I was getting into when I got Ruby from the Humane society, but something told me to go there and she was the first dog I saw and it was like fate. She has been the perfect dog. It took 2 days for her to warm up to the family but she did and boy is she warmed up now. I leave her in the house to do her thing if I have class and I put cosby up in his crate and she doesn't tear up the house. She just chills and welcomes me back when I get in the door. She loves sweets, I found that out on valentines day. My husband took me out and bought my favorite pastry..a cream horn and a chocolate brownie before we ate so I left the box on the dining room table and when we got home from dinner and a movie the box was empty and tiny evidence of powdered sugar dotted the carpet where Ruby had devoured my fantastic cream horn and brownie.....i now know to hide the goodies and hide them good! lol

Did I mention I am a 30 year old married female with two daughters age 3 and 7 and I attend school to become a respiratory therapist and I love my doggies! Ruby usually sleeps in the bed with us but she has taken up residence in my seven year olds bed tonight...i wonder how long she will stay there?

Also, Ruby is definitely very territorial. My friend cannot bring her female pit to my house. They fight! It's not good!

laurieellis27
Newborn Bully

more pics of Ruby

Postby laurieellis27 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 pm

ImageImageImage
I swear Ruby would stand like that all day. She can walk on her two back legs and did one day for me when I came in from school. She is a ham

L J Lawless
Adolescent Bully

Postby L J Lawless » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi and welcome! I live in Paducah so we're almost neighbors. lol

laurieellis27
Newborn Bully

Postby laurieellis27 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 pm

for real! A lot of us pitbull lovers around these here parts..ha ha. Cute pit ya got! I think I love them all. I havnt seen an ugly one yet...

laurieellis27
Newborn Bully

what got me interested in the breed

Postby laurieellis27 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:43 am

My neighbors had two apbt's and I was scared to death of them. I had not met my neighbors yet as it was winter and we didn't get around to intro's. Come the spring her fawn bluey came running at me while I was taking out the trash and I was scared to death and tried to hide behind trash can. She hollered out, "She won't do nothing to ya" I was like umhum..ok...whatever. At that moment we made introductions and became friends and I was formerly into'd to her pit, Shilah. I fell in love with her. I then met her boy, Kizer and he was the most calm, loving pit and would nuzzle me to get me to pet him and he was just so sweet. I became hooked after that! This is kizer and shilah! Image

Obed
Forum Junky

Postby Obed » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 am

welcome and thanks for the pic

INOCNTKITN187
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby INOCNTKITN187 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Welcome! Such cute dogs!

P.S. Chocolate is DEADLY to dogs and cats. She should be fine this time (maybe some diarrhea, but keep it away at all costs next time).

laurieellis27
Newborn Bully

Postby laurieellis27 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Yeah I immediately read about chocolate and dogs and for my ruby and her weight the brownie wasn't going to hurt her. I now know she has a hankering for theb good stuff and to keep it tightly locked up.

sueb
Addicted to PBF

Postby sueb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Welcome to the forum!

laurieellis27
Newborn Bully

Postby laurieellis27 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:37 pm

Until I can post in other places I thought i would do a little bit of entertaining writing concerning my Ruby. Can you say third child? I have a three year old and a seven year old and those two girls don't get on my lap and lay on me like Ruby does. She is thriving in our home and getting great exercise and a great diet and living in the lap of luxury. She does a graceful jump onto the ottoman and parks herself on my lap and lays her head on my chest. I never thought a dog would act like that. I had a miniature dachsund when I was younger and the most she would do is crawl under my covers and sleep at my feet. She never really let me know how much she loved me like Ruby does. She is just like a kid. As soon as she hears the keys jingling she jumps for the door and sits ready for me to hook her leash so we can dash outside and hop into the van for her to perch in her favorite chair and paw at the window so I can roll it down and she can stick her head out. Bless her heart. Dang, I love her already. It's been two weeks since we have had her and she is no problem. She will ride and sit in the car almost patiently while I tend to business...i do realize this will stop as summer comes and I don't know how she is going to deal with that. Her and Cosby will have to entertain each other in our fenced in backyard and we all know what their idea of entertaining is.........digging holes. yep....that is a pitbulls favorite pastime. They love to dig a muddy hole and lay in it and then come into your house all dirty and jump on your clean furniture if you leave the back door open. Get smart and leave it closed and be sure to spray them off with the hose and try not to worry about the holes so much....the terrier is known as the earth dog. they love to dig. I trust Ruby in the house but the puppy, Cosby, will have to be locked up in his crate for a while yet. I will get him a larger crate as he grows. The vet told me he is going to be a big boy and soon she will be putting him on large breed dog food to prevent him from growing to soon to fast. ok. I am going to bed now and looking forward to getting on here tomorrow although I should be studying molarity. pooh

natebritchcock
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby natebritchcock » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:10 am

its always wonderful to hear stories of people being touched by our wonderful breed!

:thumbsup:

Shadowsmom
Newborn Bully

Postby Shadowsmom » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:16 am

Welcome!

Return to “Introductions”