New to PBF...In Tampa Area

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Curly_07

New to PBF...In Tampa Area

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi! My name is Natalie. I just moved here to the Tampa area from Washington, DC when I separated from the Navy. With me I brought my cat and 2 dogs. I have a Pit named Curly. She just turned 15 months old. I also have a Germ shep mix named Nela(She's an old woman)...lol. They are both spayed and house dogs. I'm trying to post pictures of her and for my main picture....We will see if I can follow the instructions I just came across. How long does it take for a picture to show up after I loaded it on my profile?

Is there anything else I'm supposed to say in this?

adamwilkes14
Matured Bully

Postby adamwilkes14 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:08 pm

welcome to the forum, I am in Zephyrhills. I work not too far from you in the Port of Tampa

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:30 pm

YAY me! I figured it out....

Anyways, these are my babies.

adamwilkes14
Matured Bully

Postby adamwilkes14 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:41 pm

:po: dang! My computer here at work wont show your pics!!! lol

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Awwww..... That sucks! It's pics of my pit curly, my Germ Shep mix Nela, and my Orange Tabby Meeko. They all get along so well together! the cat curls up inside the dogs legs next to their belly at night and sleeps. Too cute!

ThePits
Newborn Bully

Postby ThePits » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:15 am

welcome! I am new and in Tampa as well!

Obed
Forum Junky

Postby Obed » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 am

welcome and thanks for the pics

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Ok a lil more about myself....

I'm a 25 year old APBT owner, single woman. I have been around many pits my whole life. I love them! But because of the whole Navy thing with deployments for the last few years, I've never owned my own until Curly came along. I got curly in Jan 08 from a "part time breeder" in Maryland. He normally breeds one at a time, but his male got loose in the house that day and bred his other bitches..... So then he had all of these puppies at one time that he couldn't take care of. I went over there to buy one. When I got there and saw how starved they looked and wormy they were I wanted to take all of them. So, I told the guy, "I'm not going to pay you what you want, but I will give you some money if you will let me take a pair out of this situation. (That's all I could afford to take care of). So he agreed and I brought Larry and Curly home. Brother and sister. Larry made it only a couple of weeks after that. He died of liver disease. But, Curly pulled thru. It seems like it took forever to get rid of those worms and for her to get to a healthy weight. But she did. She is still growing. She's a survivor just like my other two "rescues". Their stories aren't as bad tho.

Now that I'm a "civilian" lol..... I work normal hours as a gov contractor in the IT field. I love to come home at a decent hour everyday, take the dogs for walks, watch them play for hours, I love the beach (that's why I moved to FL), ride horse, and I'm the best cook ever....so I've heard anyways...lol. Oh yeah I'm originally from NW Florida (FloraBama). I'm hear to educate myself more about the breed and also see what else I can do about all this BDL/BSL crap. I've wrote and emailed everyone I can and I do monthly pit walks here in the Tampa area with Pitbullspoundingthepavement.com

adamwilkes14
Matured Bully

Postby adamwilkes14 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Good for you!!!!!!! I think we have talked before though, outside of the forum.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Yes we did. You are the one that emailed me on CG and told me I should check this place out. Thank you! This place is awesome!!! I can't wait to learn more.....and make new friends(for me and Curly)

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Curly is adorable! He kind of reminds me of another pit bull on this forum (who is up for adoption!) named Virgil.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.....

Curly is a girl, but it's ok people call her a boy all the time......guess I should put more pink on her.

adamwilkes14
Matured Bully

Postby adamwilkes14 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Curly_07 wrote:Yes we did. You are the one that emailed me on CG and told me I should check this place out. Thank you! This place is awesome!!! I can't wait to learn more.....and make new friends(for me and Curly)

:thumbsup: NOT A PROBLEM!!!!! Glad I could point you to a positive and enjoyable place such as this!!!! I myself have only been here for a short while and I love it here.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 pm

savethepitbulls67890 wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Curly is adorable! He kind of reminds me of another pit bull on this forum (who is up for adoption!) named Virgil.

I would so adopt him if you were in FL. He could be her twin! Do you guys ship?....lol

Return to “Introductions”