-Xen returns-

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
barefootxen
Adolescent Bully

-Xen returns-

Postby barefootxen » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:51 am

Hey

I used to be on this forum as 'falldeepintoxen.' I've had a brief hiatus, and now I'm back for more (couldn't stay away!)

To refresh, I and my 1.5 year old pup, Xen live in DC (Columbia Heights, anyone?) I work at a dog daycare/affiliated rescue, but by no means do I take Xen there, nor will I. I love the area, and Xen enjoys it as well since we are walking distance to Rock Creek Park. My only complaints about it are relating to people's impression of pit bulls. Councilman Jim Graham proposed a bill that would ban pit bulls as well as "any dog which has the appearance of being
predominantly of the breed of dogs known as Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire
Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, or American Bulldog..." It's called the Pit Bull Public Protection Act.
This has inspired me to form a DC dog owner's group, that would focus on combating BSL through humane education. Based on the people that I've met while walking Xen around (before I discovered how close Rock Creek is) a lot of people are just plain uninformed, and I feel like the local Humane Society and Rescue League are (whether it is intentional or not) very classist and condescending, to some degree. I understand why that is so, but I feel it does nothing for the people who just don't have the resources most people take for granted (the internet, mostly) and therefore don't have access to crucial information on how to be a responsible pet owner, and how to protect their pets from other animals, people, and unenlightened lawmakers. So, I decided that I would begin an outreach program that would provide that information to individuals and eventually to children in schools, in the hopes that dog attacks/dog related incidents will decrease, and/or at least people will see that it is the handler that makes the difference.

Anywho, this is basically just me at this point, distributing flyers and talking to people about their dogs, their views on pit bulls and what makes a dog 'dangerous,' etc. If anyone lives in DC, and would like to be a part of this...let me know!

Alright, back to Xen. She's awesome and the inspiration for all I do :)
You can do a search for 'xen' for visuals, but here are a few of my favorites:

And the one who sparked my love and admiration of all things bully, Soda (staffie/greyhound mix):

spammie

Postby spammie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Glad to have you back

BudDog
Matured Bully

Postby BudDog » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Welcome back and hello :)

I'm Rachel and...
<-----That's Buddy

Xen is beautiful :inlove: and Soda is very handsome 8) I own two mix breeds myself and they are both great dogs.

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Welcome home!

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”