hey from CA

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:56 am

Welcome to PBF, flip! Thanks for taking in a pup in need. If you can keep the brother with her for at least six weeks or so, I think that would be best for both of them, since they are now in the middle of their most critical development period, when they acquire bite inhibition and other important early socialization.

Before we give you posting access to the main forums, could you please tell us a little more about your background and your goals for your dog? (Cute pics!) There is an example introduction that might give you some ideas on what to say. :thumbsup:

Your question about trouble pooping really belongs in the Health forum, but since you can't post there yet, I'll pitch in my two cents here. For constipation, I usually use a little bit of canned pumpkin. Make sure it's not pumpkin pie filling; just the straight canned pumpkin. Too much of it eventually will bring on diarrhea, in my experience. (I haven't tried chicken skin myself.) Hopefully somebody with more puppy experience will speak up too; or you'll post back with a more thorough intro, and I or another mod will give you access... I'll be checking in for a couple of hours.

Last note -- prepare yourself to take a little friendly fire. The "big head" thing isn't so big with many of the members here. The APBT originally was bred for performance, not appearance, and some of us get a little wound up on the topic. Stick around though, there's lot's of good info and experienced people here. :thumbsup:

spammie

Postby spammie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:53 am

Peneloki
Bully Ambassador

Postby Peneloki » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:53 pm

They usually do choose us! And look at that little freckled nose. :inlove:

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Welcome!! Those pups are teeeny wow!! I would give our dogs a small amount of raw liver to loosen stools. Works great. However they were not as young as yours. Good luck!!!

Obed
Forum Junky

Postby Obed » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:06 pm

welcome to the forum and thanks for helping out the dogs.... pups are lots of work but loads of fun too...

geckogirly
Matured Bully

Postby geckogirly » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:23 pm

Welcome to the forum. Adorable pics!

-Andrea ;)

pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgrl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:26 pm

welcome

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:34 pm

We're looking forward to watching her grow with you!

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”