A proper intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
jessanddoc
Newborn Bully

A proper intro

Postby jessanddoc » Tue May 26, 2009 9:34 am

I came onto the board yesterday to quickly weigh in on a health issue in a different thread but I just wanted to take the time to properly introduce myself and my dog.

Doc is a 7 y/o, brindle, N/M Pit Mix. I adopted him June 11, 2006 (adoption day coming up!) from an all-breed shelter. He was my first dog and I knew nothing about anything, except that I thought Pit Bulls were scary man-eaters.

But my husband, Adam, picked him out and fell in love immediately so I educated myself on the breed and quickly became an absolute fanatic.

I am now a volunteer for PBRC and would have more than one Pit Bull in my life if Doc and Adam would allow it :-)

Doc is a challenging dog - he has some fear issues and he's had a lot of orthopedic issues as well - but he's the love of my life and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's also a naughty little stinker - too smart for his own good and knows how to get exactly what he wants. Okay - yes - he's spoiled rotten too and I have no one to blame but myself :-)

Hope that's a good intro and I'll get his pic posted soon.

Jessica & Doc

jessanddoc
Newborn Bully

Postby jessanddoc » Tue May 26, 2009 9:44 am

Alright - now that I've read the sample intro I see that I'm supposed to say a few more things about myself so here goes:

I'm 30 years old and I live in Chicago w/ Adam and Doc. I work full time as a fundraiser for a University and am a part time MBA student graduating in two weeks (yea!)

My interests are Pit Bulls, Pit Bulls, Pit Bulls, Spanish, photography, travel, music, dance...

Apart from volunteering for PBRC, I am also a volunteer mentor to a 12 year old girl - we've been matched since she was 8.

So that's everything that keeps me busy.

As far as Pit Bulls go I'm a big believer in spay/neuter and rescue. I also believe that an integral part of rescuing Pit Bulls includes rescuing the reputation of the breed.

Anyway - glad to be a part of this forum - although the last thing I need is another excuse/outlet to talk about Pit Bulls :-)

Sorry for the "self reply"

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue May 26, 2009 11:50 am

jessanddoc wrote:[...] Anyway - glad to be a part of this forum - although the last thing I need is another excuse/outlet to talk about Pit Bulls :-) [...]
You're doomed! roflmao
:modwelcomeonly3:

Return to “Introductions”