Hey from Georgia

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
pitahaulic
Newborn Bully

Hey from Georgia

Postby pitahaulic » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Hey everybody! I'm from small town Trenton, Georgia. I never knew much about any bully breed until about a year or so ago. I moved in with my boyfriend who had two. Dakota who ruled the house and Deacon who is just a big baby. He went out of town shortly after i moved in and i was in charge. Needless to say Dakota was not very happy about a new female in her house. It took a few days but pretty soon she was snuggling with me on the couch!!
My boyfriend found this site and i fell in love. It's all i do at work!!! we have 3 bullies and a pom. i'll try to post pictures soon! Deacon is our male, Dakota the female and Abby is their daughter. Murphy is the pom and meaner than all of them combined! I have just fallen in love with this breed and have done so much research on line to get as much info as possible. My 3 year old just loves the dogs and loves to give them treats!!

I'm so glad we found this site!!!!

Amie

Postby Amie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:32 am

Hi! We'd love to know more about you - take a look at this sample intro.

Have Deacon and Dakota been altered or are you planning more litters? How do the dogs get along with the pom? And we'd love to see pictures of them all!

Thanks!

pitahaulic
Newborn Bully

Re: Hey from Georgia

Postby pitahaulic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Sorry, I get off into one story and forget some details. My name is Tara Hartline. I live in Trenton Georgia with my boyfriend Keith. I adopted his two pits when I moved in with him and when they had puppies, I fell in love with all of them but one little girl stole my heart and now is a member of the household. My daughter named her Abby.

Deacon and Dakota have not been altered. My boyfriend, who actually started off with the dogs wants to continue to breed. At least one more time. Abby, the pit puppy does wonderful with Murphy, our pom. They stay inside together and usually chase each other around the house. Dakota on the other hand is not so fond of Murphy. We have to keep them seperated and Deacon just wants to sniff him to death!!! :) Deacon and Dakota stay outside in a large pen and Murphy and Abby stay inside. Abby is so smart. We are woking with her on jumping, house training and just simple commands. She is one of the most lazy puppies I know. All she wants is to lay behind me on the couch. Dakota is a spoiled princess who will not even come out of the dog house when the ground is wet. And all the while Deacon is bouncing up and down and sliding in the mud!!!

I have learned so much recently about this breed and will continue to find more information. I continue to try to educate others on the nature of this breed. I think I've already turned my mother!!! She was very nervous about my little girl being around all these pits but all she had to do was come over and meet them a time or two and now she loves them!! I can hardly see me ever having another breed of dog!!!

I will try to post pictures soon. I mostly get on here when I'm at work so I will have to get on at home so I can show everyone my beautiful babies!!

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HersheyBear » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Is Deacon named after Queen bass player John Deacon, by any chance?

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:43 am

Hi Tara, just a friendly heads-up on a couple of things. While we do welcome the relatively few ethical breeders of Pit Bulls, most of the people here are rescue-oriented, and think that thousands of good Pit Bulls killed in shelters each week across the U.S. kind of implies that there is an overpopulation of Pit Bulls. So, unless your dogs are winning meaningful titles, you'll probably find people here strongly encouraging you folks to get your dogs neutered and spayed. (For the PBF stance on breeding, please see these links: viewtopic.php?t=49670 and viewtopic.php?t=567 )

Also, you'll find people here encouraging you to make sure your dogs don't have unsupervised access to each other, for everyone's safety. Even dogs who are friends will sometimes fight seriously, and if you're not there to break it up, it only takes a few seconds to have a dead or seriously damaged dog. So try not to take it personally; people just want what's best for the dogs.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”