Hello from Washington!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
shana78
Newborn Bully

Hello from Washington!

Postby shana78 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:09 am

Hi everyone~

My name is Shana and I recently moved to Washington with my husband and our 3 pit bulls. Short history on our sweet pooches. We rescued a female pit bull five years ago. Her name is Missy. She was badly abused, malnourished, and was used as a puppy mill. :( When we took her on, we got her to our local vet and to our surprise SHE WAS PREGNANT!! She had five puppies which we kept two and gave the other three to family members. Which brings me to my other two pooches, Teeva and Jetta. They are five years old and Missy (the mom) is 11 years old. They are the sweetest dogs and I wouldn't trade them for the world!!! :)

Peneloki
Bully Ambassador

Re: Hello from Washington!

Postby Peneloki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 am

shana78 wrote:Hi everyone~

My name is Shana and I recently moved to Washington with my husband and our 3 pit bulls. Short history on our sweet pooches. We rescued a female pit bull five years ago. Her name is Missy. She was badly abused, malnourished, and was used as a puppy mill. :( When we took her on, we got her to our local vet and to our surprise SHE WAS PREGNANT!! She had five puppies which we kept two and gave the other three to family members. Which brings me to my other two pooches, Teeva and Jetta. They are five years old and Missy (the mom) is 11 years old. They are the sweetest dogs and I wouldn't trade them for the world!!! :)

Hello! What made you interested in the breed? And welcome!!!!

shana78
Newborn Bully

Postby shana78 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!! When I first met my husband, he had a red nose male named Kilo. He became my best friend! He had the sweetest temperament, loved to snuggle, and was a very loyal pet. I love that they really think they are human lol!! Of all the dogs I have had in the past, this breed I can truly say had a hold on my heart. Since we have had to let Kilo go to heaven :angel: . I really feel pit bulls have such a bad rap in this society and I love introducing my dogs to people who believe such and showing them how great these breeds really are. It has become a passion of mine!

So what made you choose this breed?

Peneloki
Bully Ambassador

Postby Peneloki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:40 pm

shana78 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome!! When I first met my husband, he had a red nose male named Kilo. He became my best friend! He had the sweetest temperament, loved to snuggle, and was a very loyal pet. I love that they really think they are human lol!! Of all the dogs I have had in the past, this breed I can truly say had a hold on my heart. Since we have had to let Kilo go to heaven :angel: . I really feel pit bulls have such a bad rap in this society and I love introducing my dogs to people who believe such and showing them how great these breeds really are. It has become a passion of mine!

So what made you choose this breed?

I actually am fairly new to the breed. My boyfriend of five years and I moved in together close to a year ago and he was raised with them and has introduced me to the breed! Now two pitbulls later... I love them!! Do you have pictures of your crew???

shana78
Newborn Bully

Postby shana78 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Missy (She is the moma and the one we rescued!)

This is Jetta on the left and Teeva on the right, they are her daughters.

shana78
Newborn Bully

Postby shana78 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Your story is pretty similar to mine lol I joined this forum to get some useful training information and get to know other pit bull owners especially for tips, techniques and general information!

We recently moved to Washington from Arizona. Quite of a move! In Arizona, the girls had six foot block walls in their backyard. They had complete privacy. Here in Washington they have four foot chain link fencing in the backyard and can clearly see in other yards. I have taught the girls when we go for walks to be friendly to other dogs passing but I have been having a problem when other dogs come into the neighbors backyards. They can see them across the yard and get very protective of their backyard. Any helpful hints or suggestions from any one would be greatly appreciated!!

Peneloki
Bully Ambassador

Postby Peneloki » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:55 pm

shana78 wrote:Your story is pretty similar to mine lol I joined this forum to get some useful training information and get to know other pit bull owners especially for tips, techniques and general information!

We recently moved to Washington from Arizona. Quite of a move! In Arizona, the girls had six foot block walls in their backyard. They had complete privacy. Here in Washington they have four foot chain link fencing in the backyard and can clearly see in other yards. I have taught the girls when we go for walks to be friendly to other dogs passing but I have been having a problem when other dogs come into the neighbors backyards. They can see them across the yard and get very protective of their backyard. Any helpful hints or suggestions from any one would be greatly appreciated!!

What beautiful dogs. There is tons to read up on in the training section that might help you! Looking forward to getting to know you and your pups!

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:12 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”