olive branch.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

olive branch.

Postby lilangel » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:07 am

Wow, its been a long time. Some of you may remember me. I am an old and hopefully new member of this message board. I had some disagreements with Ariel maybe 6 years ago or something and got booted. I don't even remember what was said or why it was said. Suffice it to say I was getting tired of the whole Pit Bull "scene" and kind of on a hair trigger from some private harassment I was getting. I'm a different person now and have no interest in arguing with people about inconsequential stuff anymore. I may have some unpopular views on things and I'm not afraid to speak my mind but I really don't want to start beef with anyone. Been there, done that and don't want to do it again. You do your thing, I'll do mine. I'll tell you what I think, but I'll be tactful and won't engage in bickering. The bottom line is that I love this breed. I keep telling pit people I meet to look-up this forum and I'm not even a member, and that's silly, so I thought I'd throw my hat in again. This used to be a great resource and we're all on the same team so we should support each other. I've recently spent some time on working dog forums and they love to trash talk APBTs and I've had enough. Since PBF is still here with a new look, (very nice homepage by the way,) I imagine it is still strong. I'm glad I found it again.

I live on the East coast with my wife and our dogs: 2 pits, preacher 8 and farrah 11 and a baby malinois. I fell in love with this breed in the Bronx, NY under the worst of circumstances back in 1979 at the ripe old age of 5. First grade I think. Those circumstances got worse and worse for the dogs and as I grew up seeing some pretty horrific stuff I decided to take a different path. Still, those images have stayed with me and I have spent 30 years trying to erase them.

I am pretty up to date with current training practices and as soon as I can save the money,I''ll be seeking a dip in advanced training and behavior consultation. some trainers I want to work with this year are M. Ellis and I. Balabanov. Jean Donaldson and Paticia McConnell are behaviorists I'd like to see in seminars if they'd ever come within 500 miles of us. The pits are my family, the mali hasn't earned that yet:) She is my new sar dog. I have become interested in Schutzhund and French Ring and for the first time ever, have been doing bite work with the actual intention of titling our Mali in Schutzhund. Being a pit owner, I never gave protection sports even a sidelong glance. Now I have a Malinois that loves loves loves to bite the heck out of people and I intend to get some titles on the girl. We'll see if she is stable enough. Right now, she's a maniac.

I am a NYS EMT-B and I am a member of a SAR team in NY as well and training as a Search K9 handler. I looked for a shelter dog of any breed to train in sar for almost a year and didn't find one that would fit into our family situation. I contacted every pit bull rescue I could think of and none of them ever returned my calls or emails which is kinda sucky. In the end, I found an ethical breeder of top notch Malinois and had to bite the bullet. With team breed bias and few available drivey dogs in our local spca, I had to do the hard thing and buy a dog. sucky sucky sucky. Even though I did it for the right reasons, I still feel like a jerk for buying a dog. Oy vey. She may be more suited to Military work, but we'll just have to feel it out.

So that's my introduction. Maybe I'll be cleared for re-entry?

spammie

Re: olive branch.

Postby spammie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Welcome back

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby suzi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:51 pm

Welcome back!

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:54 am

Whatever was the unpleasantness to which you refer, it was before my time here. Welcome back.
:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”