My first post

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
bmwalters
Newborn Bully

My first post

Postby bmwalters » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Brian and i am from southern New Jersey. I've rescued two pits in the past 7 years, I donate my time to my local shelters and i am a true fighter for the breed. However I just did the most amazing thing on Sunday

My Girlfriend, Angela and myself, saved 11 pits in Kensington Area of Philadelphia with the help of two other friends. Mom is emaciated but eating well now......the pups are all fine with the exception of two that are headed to the vet right now with little cuts on their snouts. We are going to foster them until they are ready to be adopted.... about 3 weeks. The past 2.5 days in our home has been amazing. After seeing first hand the situation these dogs were in it boils my blood.

I was given your web address from another forum i hang out on.... so i hope this is the right place to this......
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?i ... 16&page=26

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Re: My first post

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 pm

welcome to the forum and thank you for saving mom and babes :thumbsup:

SweetTea
Matured Bully

Postby SweetTea » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:57 am

You and Angela have a great soul :) Thanks for all that you do and welcome.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:10 am

Welcome, big thank yous, and good luck. You are going to need a lot of it, to place all of those pups with decent people. Please make sure they are spayed and neutered before they are adopted out. You could contact Pit Bull Rescue Central for some help with the spay and neuter and there are a probably some organizations around your area that could offer you guys some support. Will the mom staying with you? Again, thank you.

poopster
Super Bully

Postby poopster » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:59 am

OMG poor mama dog....thats heart breaking. Get her on High Calorie Supplements and good food cuz I bet those babies are draining her even more. I love the pic with the little one in the middle looking up. I wish I lived closer to help. When they are ready to be placed ( I would keep them with mama at least 10-12 weeks) many of us can give you copies of adoption applications and adoption contracts. S/N is in most of all of our contracts unless we adopt out dogs already altered. You will have to follow up with each and be willing to take them back. You may be able to find a rescue that will help place them for you and help with all the follow ups.

Thank you for saving that mama dog and those babies. We cant save them all but it is a true blessing when we can save one....In your case you saved 11....even if they are only little beans!! GOOD JOB!!!!!

bmwalters
Newborn Bully

Postby bmwalters » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:14 am

Thanks for all the replies, good words and well wishes. I've taken notes on all you have said.

I have an awesome trainer who has schooled me well on my pack and was trained by Ceaser. yourdogandyou.com
She has a very thorough application that i will be using. I'll post that for you in a bit.

I just woke up from a few hour nap to the worderful view of 10 puppies pooping IN SYNC! IT'S NOT FOR CONSUMTION SILLIES! :huh?:

i'll be on throughout the day.

bmwalters
Newborn Bully

Postby bmwalters » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:54 am

Red wrote:Welcome, big thank yous, and good luck. You are going to need a lot of it, to place all of those pups with decent people. Please make sure they are spayed and neutered before they are adopted out. You could contact Pit Bull Rescue Central for some help with the spay and neuter and there are a probably some organizations around your area that could offer you guys some support. Will the mom staying with you? Again, thank you.

mom is staying with us thru their 8 weeks +.
She was the one that i thought would take the longest to find a home. HOWEVER, she was the first one claimed. By a friend of 16 years. I posted my story on my FB page and the outpouring of support has been awesome. This girl, DAWN, just casme over to drop off food and supplies as a donation. She fell in love with this dog.

this is them last night

stache612
Newborn Bully

Postby stache612 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:29 am

You and your wife are amazing people for taking in this adorable litter and their momma. The picture of you holding a pup reminds me of my little guy with the pink spot on the tip of his nose. Best of luck adopting them out. I wish I had the room to adopt one from you. I am in NJ and grew up in South Jersey, so I will keep my ears open if I hear anyone wanting to adopt a puppy. Best of luck!!

bmwalters
Newborn Bully

Postby bmwalters » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:04 am

stache612 wrote:You and your wife are amazing people for taking in this adorable litter and their momma. The picture of you holding a pup reminds me of my little guy with the pink spot on the tip of his nose. Best of luck adopting them out. I wish I had the room to adopt one from you. I am in NJ and grew up in South Jersey, so I will keep my ears open if I hear anyone wanting to adopt a puppy. Best of luck!!

im the guy in the shower, with mom. That other guy was my help. I got an off duty cop and the biggest friend i got, to go rescue them

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:10 am

Bless your hearts!! I am so happy to see Mama already has a home. YAY for you and your friends. Best of luck with the pups. 10 pooping in sync now that's got to be cute/funny. lol

bmwalters
Newborn Bully

Postby bmwalters » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:33 am

Ilovethepits wrote:Bless your hearts!! I am so happy to see Mama already has a home. YAY for you and your friends. Best of luck with the pups. 10 pooping in sync now that's got to be cute/funny. lol

whats funny is that i couldnt even get the slightest bit upset. i just laughed the whole time. roflmao

we have gone thru a crapload (pun intended) of training mats. but the donations people have given has been pretty cool. i had someone that ive never met in my life, from Illinois , paypal me $20 towards supplies. just amazing.

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:36 am

Maybe you could produce a 'how much fun puppies really areN'T' video showing all the real hard work, cleaning, vet visits and lack of sleep it takes to take care of a new litter of pups. :peace:

poopster
Super Bully

Postby poopster » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:44 am

Send you biggest friend up here to Rochester!! Im thinking I should have a minimal size requirement for my members and help!! Again good job guys!

bmwalters
Newborn Bully

Postby bmwalters » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:53 am

Ilovethepits wrote:Maybe you could produce a 'how much fun puppies really areN'T' video showing all the real hard work, cleaning, vet visits and lack of sleep it takes to take care of a new litter of pups. :peace:

im doing a pen clean up in about a half hour, i'll video tape it! then pot it.

bmwalters
Newborn Bully

Postby bmwalters » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:54 am

bmwalters wrote:
Ilovethepits wrote:Maybe you could produce a 'how much fun puppies really areN'T' video showing all the real hard work, cleaning, vet visits and lack of sleep it takes to take care of a new litter of pups. :peace:

im doing a pen clean up in about a half hour, i'll video tape it! then poSt it.

is there an edit button in this forum for after you make a post and notice grammatical errors

Return to “Introductions”