poor little pup

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

poor little pup

Postby nwilliams » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:47 pm

I have a amstaff/staffie?? Not real sure. we rescued her from being put down at an animal shelter.(the city puts down all bully breeds) She(Gracie) was very skinny and seems to have very short legs,feet turn out,and a long body--looks like her legs didn't grow with the rest of her.. Has anyone ever seen this before,and can we fix it?
nwilliams

Postby Wednesday » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:13 am

How old is she, and do you have pictures of her that you can post? I am just asking because I know someone is bound to post it at some point.
How tall is she, by the way?
:welcome:
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby Robby321 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:58 am

she could be a basset hound mix if she is realy short whit a long body.
Robby321
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby oko pol » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:04 am

WELCOME!
oko pol

Postby tjbsandy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:20 am

:hi
tjbsandy

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:33 am

hello!
PitBullPride

Postby Boo439 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:56 am

Welcome to the board! Pictures will help us to answer your question. Also, has she seen a vet since you adopted her? She may need x-rays to see if she has some orthopedic deformities. Like Robby said, she could also be a Bassett mix or something like that. I saw the funniest looking dog at the shelter once. It had the body of a Bassett Hound and the head of a Rottweiler.There is an endless variety of dogs out there.
Boo439

poor little baby

Postby nwilliams » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:37 pm

we took her to the vet, they said it could be lack of nutrition. they gave me pet vitamens, and told me to put her on good food. She is six months old, prob about 14 inches a t the shoulder, she seems to have some problem with her front legs, no pain (or not enough for her to let us know). Her legs look almost like a humans recessed knees. When she puts her weight down on her front legs, the shake then snap into place.
nwilliams

Postby X-girl » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:24 pm

Welcome! I hope everything turns out OK.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Wednesday » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:42 am

Ohhh, poor girl! What kind of food do you have her on?
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby ice_queen » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:02 am

welcome :)
I have three rescuses myself. :peace:
ice_queen

poor little pup

Postby nwilliams » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:15 am

Good news! Her legs are already getting better, she has put on smoe weight and looks like a new dog! Unfortunately, my amstaff, Mack, is very miserable with her here. He has been staying away from her, and when she comes into a room he is in, he leaves! he will play with her sometimes, but, I feel bad for him(she is getting a lot of attention from everyone in the house) This was never going to be a forever home for her, now that she is on the right track I will be looking for a permanent home for Gracie. This has been very hard for my other dogs, and I would like for Gracie to be in a home where she is Top DOG! Wish me luck!
nwilliams

Return to Introductions