just adopted a 1.5 year old pit, but having issues :(

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby robr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:07 pm

thanks guys/gals -

youve all been a huge help (you especially maryellen). as i said before, i could ahve gone either way on a pitbull. i wasnt thrilled with them, but wasnt anti-pit either. after seeing her, i am more than thrilled with them. unfortuneatly not so much with her, but i dont blame her. hopefully she wont have to be put down. i dont think any less of the breed because of this, in fact hearing you all say how this is the rarity, im thinking more positive about them.

and my roommate will catch an earful when he gets back about leaving me alone with her for her first weekend here...he knows i wasnt thrilled with that from the get-go. even if she was perfect the whole time

i will keep you all posted on the outcome.

-rob
robr

Postby Maryellen » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:09 pm

unfortunately the RIGHT thing to do is euthanasia... but if the rescue wont do it your roommate should... please dont give up on the breed. when and if you are ready to adopt let me know.
Maryellen

Postby satanscheerleader » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:17 pm

Setting free a dog that lives in such fear....fear enough to bite is doing the dog a favour too. That poor dog is suffering mentally. This is just as painful for an animal as physical pain....possibley more....
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby ice_queen » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:15 am

I'm sorry to hear It did not work out.
ice_queen

Previous

Return to Introductions