Aussie APBT lover

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
foogs
Newborn Bully

Aussie APBT lover

Postby foogs » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:09 am

G'day guys. :)

I'm new to the forum. My names Kane and I live in Australia. I have a male Shar-Pei, but I currently dont own a pit. Though I have just put down a deposit on a little rednose girl. She was born on the 14/1/10 and she is a little over 2 weeks old at the moment. She has only just opened her eyes about 4-5days ago. I'm pretty sure that I will name her Hayley, unless another name comes up that I like.

The reason I am buying from a breeder and not adopting is that because the state I am in has a BSL in place.. so any pits in the shelters basically get euthed rather then rehomed. Your not allowed to buy/sell/breed pits and if you do have one from before the BSL came in place then you need roofed outdoor pens with locks, muzzles etc etc. It's a joke really.

The reason I was drawn to pits - well, when I was younger I had a thing for staffys. But when we bought our Shar-Pei and started to take him to puppy school there was a red-nose pitty in our class. The people who adopted him from the RSPCA (about 6 months - 1 year before BSL) where told that he was saved from a fighting ring. Basically, the owner had several adult pits for fighting, and breeding. The puppies where only 4 weeks old when rescued and they where being conditioned to fight. Locked in cupboards, thrown around, beaten etc. The whole litter and parents where saved and adopted out as far as I am aware. This dog, despite all the things it had gone through and been forced to deal with was still a gorgeous little playful puppy. From then on seeing that dog grow up and starting to notice pits more and more in my area I started to research them. I guess the thing that draws me the most is the loyality, because where I'm from.. though not as bad as some places, it's still hard to find someone who is loyal and true.

I've been doing my research for a few months before I finally decided to get into contact with the breeder. I think I have visited every possible pitbull site reading up, watched all the pitbull videos and doco's that I can find and I have even been in contact with a few people just to get their view and any info tips on when I bring my girl home. Which is basically why I joined this forum, does anyone have any tips/information/clues anything that will help me in any way when I bring her home. Any thing that I may have missed?

Sorry for the long first post, I'm just very excited!

Thanks,
foogs

bigbadbully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Aussie APBT lover

Postby bigbadbully » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:45 pm

so you are bringing in a pit bull to an area that has banned them? not trying to be rude, but I have to wonder at the quality of a breeder that allows someone that lives in such an area that will kill your dog if you are caught with it to buy a dog from them. if this is not the case, please correct me, but i got the idea from your post that you live in an area that has banned this breed.

well, welcome, and here is one of the best places to learn!

foogs
Newborn Bully

Postby foogs » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi,

I forgot to mention, I am moving out of this state for a new job, that's when I am getting my pit.

Thanks.

bigbadbully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby bigbadbully » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:09 pm

:thumbsup: there you go. congrats on the new addition!

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:58 am

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”