Hi all!!!!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
rokstrr
Newborn Bully

Hi all!!!!!

Postby rokstrr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

New here. Have a 6yr old pit, a 2yr old chihuahua i swear is also part reindeer. And I'm the proud new mommy of an 8week old Pit. We didnt have our older pit (MAC) till he was about 1 1/2. so I have lots of questions about this pit puppy business!!!! Can't wait to get my acceptance so i can start questioning.

Leslie H

Re: Hi all!!!!!

Postby Leslie H » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi and welcome. Could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

rokstrr
Newborn Bully

Postby rokstrr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Ok.....sure.......

My name is Nicole. I'm 27 currently 28 next friday. I live with my boyfriend, my daughter and his 2 kids. Our kids range from 4-8. We live in Phoenix, AZ. We have a Red Nose Pit thats about 6years old. His name is Mac, my BF got him from a friend when he was about a year old because his friend could no longer care for him. We also have a Chihuahua that is about a year and a half. His name is buddy. I swear he is part reindeer. The strangest looking chihuahua I've EVER seen. He was a gift to my BF's daughter for her 7th bday. Now the newest addition to our Braddy Bunch family is a 9 week old female Brindle pit that I have named Bali......which means Mighty Warrior. I've been wanting to rescue a pit for sometime now, I have such a weak spot for them. Mac is the most loyal friendly dog I have ever known in my life. My BF's son who is 4 now, but mentally and physically he is about at a 2yr old level as become the love of that dogs life. Steven(boy) tortures MAc to no end. And you would think with the things this kid does to that dog, he would get angry and or walk away. No not mac.......he lays there and takes it. And then he sleeps at the foot of his bed every night. Are friends have asked us to breed him so they can have his offspring because he is sooooo perfect. So Mac is the reason I got into looking into pits.

We take our dogs everywhere with is. We are avid Duners so they come with us to the sand dunes about every other weekend during the season. They are soooo well behaved and never wander from camp. Never give us any problems. So about 2 weeks ago.......a friend of our called and said his neighbors pitbulls had puppies and they are giving them away. This news really really upset me.......because to me, someone who really wants a pitbull to love them and bring them in as members of their own family will pay for them. Its when they are free that they will go to the wrong homes and often be re-homed time and time again or end up in pounds to be euthanized. So needless to say i was very upset to hear this guy was just giving them away and then found out that this is the 3rd litter that they have had and gotten rid of. Seriously..........WTF!!! FIX YOUR DOGS!!!! So we decided that if we are going to rescue a pit that we were gonna take one of his...........even though she didnt come from a "rescue" in my eyes we rescued her from what could've been. So Steve(BF) went to get one(i wouldnt go for sheer fact that I would tell this guy what i thought of him). he called me when he got there and told me how perfect they were and healthy looking and solid. Even sent me pictures. But then he sent me the picture of Bali.........alot smaller and scrawnier of the group. My heart melted for her. I want her!!!!! But she's the runt he told me. Ya and he will have no problem getting rid of the others.........she may have a few problems but none that we cant work through. I want her!!! I want to give her a chance.......soooooooo I win. Home she came with him. She is the new love of my life. But I've never had a pitbull puppy before and I really dont know what to expect. holy cow she is a handful!!! So I have lots of questions that I was hoping to share with fellow pit owners to get advice.........I want to do everything right........everything right for her, for my family and for the breed. As soon as I can get access to an online site to upload pics I will.....just can't do it here at work.... ;)

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi Nicole. Your intro puzzles me...first you mention breeding your "perfect" male, then you are saying "fix your dog" to the backyard breeder...which is what you would become if you bred your male. There are tons of perfect dogs in shelters/rescues. Anyway, this a great place to learn about the breed.

rokstrr
Newborn Bully

Postby rokstrr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Oh no no no.....I would never breed my male. Our friends wanted us too so they could have his puppies. But we never would. Sorry if that was confusing.

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”