Introducing...meeeeee

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
sookies_mama
Newborn Bully

Introducing...meeeeee

Postby sookies_mama » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 pm

or rather Ussssss I suppose! I just got my beautiful girl January 11th (so we are approaching our 1 month!) I've wanted a pit bull for about a year ever sense I saw a pit mix puppy in a shelter I was volunteering at. Unfortunately at the time I was in Airforce tech training, and therefore living in the dorms, so could not adopt that little Angel (that was her name ;) But as soon as I got back to my house I started looking for a one. I decided to go with a year old, instead of a puppy. This is my first dog and I was quite nervous about potty training, I thought an adult would be a little easier to train. (and I'm sure she would be if the poor girl didn't have a bladder infection!) So I went through the Missouri pit bull rescue and they found me exactly what I requested (a female, brindle that was not aggressive towards other dogs or cats) only poor little sookie (then named marrietta) wasn't in their system but rather in a high kill shelter in KC. I agreed to take her before I even saw a pic, given that her other option was death, and they found a temporary foster for her while I arranged to come get her. I knew the moment she walked (or rather wagged) into the shelter lobby that I had made the right choice. We have had some health issues, due to the fact that she was a stray and therefore had worms, kennel cough, and a bladder infection (took me a while to figure out, that was why she wouldn't "hold it" in her crate!) but she is the sweetest, most joyful little personality, she doesn't just wag her tail but shakes her whole body for just about everything. However this is my first dog and a pit bull at that (though I'm pretty sure she doesn't know that people are supposed to be scared of her, shes a big lover) so I'm hoping that I can pick up some training tips on here, so as to set her up for success. We have some issues, like potty training, and Kennle training, that I hope to correct. Still trying to figure out how to post a pic without a "browse" I'm lost

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Introducing...meeeeee

Postby suzi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Welcome Aboard!

You've landed in a good spot to learn....

sookies_mama
Newborn Bully

Postby sookies_mama » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:05 pm

ok I think i figured out the picture thing here goes!

sookies_mama
Newborn Bully

Postby sookies_mama » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 pm

and the rest of the family! My main coon denyce is still getting used to sharing her home with a pooch, which is not helped by sookie's shall we say curiosity. Which is why her cube is now on the dryer, and she enjoys sitting on the highest locations possible. except when sookie's in her Kennel then she sits right in front of the mesh door, little minx, which drives sookie crazy!

KittyNyanNyan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby KittyNyanNyan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Your puppy is adorabull!

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 am

Thanks for your service, and thanks for rescuing.
:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”