Hi from Philly!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Shelter_dogs
Newborn Bully

Hi from Philly!

Postby Shelter_dogs » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm a 21 year old college student who is completing their degree in Biology and will hopefully be attending U. Penn to get my doctrate in veterinary medicine (at least that's what my goal is). I work and volunteer for local shelters doing behavioral evaluations and general dog care.

My first experience at handling a 'pit bull' mix was the first day I volunteered at an animal control adoption event and boy was it interesting! I had never handled an APBT mix before and the first dog they gave me was a high energy puppy that was trying to hump everyone, was being pretty mouthy and was reactive to the other dogs. I had to continuously take him aside for 10-15 minute runs to tire him out. It was a little frustrating but that began my love for the breed. I admire their strength, agility, stamina, intelligence and, most importantly, their people-friendly personalities.

When I'm out of school and settled down in a permanent place, I hope to own/foster several of these amazing little guys. I also hope to compete in weight pulling, flyball and maybe the 'rescue' section in some conformation events as well as have many of them pass their CGCs (if not terribly dog aggressive) and the ATTS testing.

That's me in a nutshell! I'm sure you'll be seeing some of the local shelter dogs soon :)

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Re: Hi from Philly!

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Welcome to you!

spammie

Re: Hi from Philly!

Postby spammie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum.
:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”