Hi! I'm from Fraser, Michigan

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
SquirrelDog6
Newborn Bully

Hi! I'm from Fraser, Michigan

Postby SquirrelDog6 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:00 am

Hi I'm new from Fraser Michigan. I don't have a Bully as of yet, but I'm a huge advocate. I will be doing fosters from time to time. We have a 1 year old Whippet and a 7 year old Chihuahua. We were looking at Some Bully puppies when we were not sure if the breeder was going to have enough Whippet puppies to sell us one. Right around then, the whole BSL thing came up in our city. We decided to put the whole thing on hold, because if they banned Bullies, we would have to move and it is to hard to sell a house right now. I could never let go of my dog! Thank God the BSL didn't pass here! Our Whippet's name is Gris - Gris and our Chihuahua's name is Tootsie Lopez. I am in school to be a Vet Tech and I work in a Senior Citizen home, and I am active in dog charities. I run a small etsy site that sells ornaments that give half of their price to help dogs, cats and horses. I am currently looking for a Metro Detroit Bully rescue to help out with my sales donations. I really want to build it up this year. The rescue group must be no kill (except in extreme circumstances), large enough to be making a difference, but small enough for me to make a difference. It must also be transparent to me and the public. We have ran into situations where rescues have dissolved and have missapropriated funds ex. from dogs to cats. We also have had issues of rescues not sending out thank you notes and we really do need these notes. We have trunk shows and Craft Show sales and customers like seeing this. I am currently in the process of starting up a Charity called Seniors, Pets and Friends. We help elderly people to excercise their dogs, change cat litter, get to vet appointments, trim nails etc. We will also foster dogs for hospitalized Seniors and help find homes if the Senior passes away and their family can't, or won't take the pet. This is hard, because it's only me and one other person right now. We have a five year plan as of now to make this ago. Anyway, that's me in a nut shell. I really can't wait to get to know yall!

spammie

Re: Hi! I'm from Fraser, Michigan

Postby spammie » Sun May 16, 2010 10:27 am

Hi and welcome to PBF. May I suggest rescuing a bully?

SquirrelDog6
Newborn Bully

Postby SquirrelDog6 » Sun May 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Right now my Husband has a 3 pet limit and we have a Chihuahua, a Whippet and a cat. My program at school opens me up for a foster and he has said yes to that, so I'm starting there. I think he can be swayed to having a third dog, but he needs time. We did get two dogs last year and he loves them. I was suprised, because he is a cat person. I figure time will change him. I convinced him to get a second dog, so in a year, or so, maybe # 3. Till then I'm happy turning fosters into sweet dogs for other people! :)

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun May 16, 2010 2:08 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”