Hi.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Charlie282
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi. Think this is a pitt bull mastiff pup?

Postby Charlie282 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:22 pm

That's a cool looking pup. I can see husky. Not sure about the rest. Get that skinny boy some food and post more pics!

jamielvsaustin

Re: Hi.

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed May 26, 2010 12:42 pm

You won't get full access to the forum until you do a proper introduction. If you don't want to do an introduction, that's okay-you just won't get access, you'll just be allowed to lurk and not post.

Here's a sample of what PBF is looking for: http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327

What makes you think Pit Bull/Mastiff mix, I'm curious? Also, what is it that worries you about the breed?

I'm not sure what Franky is mixed with, but I think he's a very unusual and very good looking dog. His feet appear to be in proportion with the rest of his body, so I too don't think he'll get much bigger. Maybe fill out more, but not much taller (I could be wrong though). In your other post, someone mentioned that he looks skinny. I think he looks great. He's just not as muscular as many Pit Bull owners are used to seeing. A guy I work with owns a dog that is a shepherd/husky mix. He looks similar to Franky. His dog-Rocky has the ice blue eyes, light colored coat and pointed ears that stay standing.

If he is in fact mixed with Pit Bull, and has good genetics then you're going to have a very loving and loyal companion on your hands. Well bred Pit Bulls have excellent temperaments when it comes to people. They are truly social butterflies. However, they do not always get along with other animals. And because of that you're going to have to be vigilant. Really it should be this way with any dog, and not just Pit Bulls. If there are other animals in your home be sure to separate them when you cannot supervise. Always set your dog up to succeed and don't put him in a spot where he can fail. I'd stay clear of dog parks and I'd start training right away.

Good luck! I hope you provide a proper intro so you can be given access to post pictures in the gallery. I would love to see more of Franky.

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Wed May 26, 2010 1:22 pm

I don't see mastiff in his proportions/bone/substance/head/anywhere.

He looks like some sort of primarily shepherdy heinz 57 to me, and he doesn't have the disproportionately fat legs/paws of a very young dog, so I don't think he'll be giant.

He's cute!!! Thank you for adopting.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed May 26, 2010 1:37 pm

If his teeth are very white, they are probably right. He does look under a year, but fully grown.
I'd guess some Australian Shepherd which can have blue eyes as well as Huskies, I don't see husky particularly in him, but he does look fully grown.
A mastiff puppy would be gawky, and very clumsy even at 8 mos. of age, and even more so at 4-5mos. of age.

As you can see they are heavier boned than your pup.
http://www.dogguide.net/images/drooling ... 0Puppy.jpg

Your pup is gorgeous - thank you for adopting :)

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed May 26, 2010 1:44 pm

I LOVE your Franky. He is SO handsome and reminds me a lot of my Kaiser (reddish dog in my avatar) who is smaller though. Supposedly Kaiser had pit bull in him too but who knows? I'll never know for sure.

Siberian
pacifist ...usually

Postby Siberian » Wed May 26, 2010 2:06 pm

I don't see neither husky, mastiff or australian shepherd...

Catahoula mix perhaps?

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/catahoulabulldog.htm

MikeInTacoma

Re: Hi.

Postby MikeInTacoma » Thu May 27, 2010 5:36 am

:goodpost:
What they said.

Return to “Introductions”