Benny the Beast! (overload)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Benny the Beast! (overload)

Postby BringBackup » Thu May 27, 2010 12:20 am

Hi All!

My name is Emily and I am from Sacramento. I got my first APBT when I was 11 years old; his name is Caesar and I still have the old man. I also have a Boxer/APBT mix named Ollie. She is a head case but a fantastic hiking partner and I love her despite her faults. My newest "project" is my boy Benny. He turned 1 year old on May 8th and is everything an APBT should be in my opinion. Athletic, rock-solid temperament, fantastic work ethic, great drive, extreme motivation and an all around bad ass dog. He has confidence seeping out his ears and isn't afraid to show it. He is currently training in French Ring Sport and I am looking to have him titled by next summer. We are also going to dabble in dock diving, agility, and weight pull. Hell, he might even have a future as a therapy dog. Once Benny has earned enough titles to retire I will move on to well bred working APBT from game lines.

Muttkip
Matured Bully

Re: Benny the Beast! (overload)

Postby Muttkip » Thu May 27, 2010 12:25 am

Welcome!!!!
I'm glad to see you here!!!!!!!! :D

BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Thu May 27, 2010 12:30 am

Bummer, the first one picture was cut off. Are we allowed to post videos? Sorry, I love this dog :))

8 months old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOphzf06uc

10 months old; first time, and not far from the last time, that i ever let him on the spring pole again. damn dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvZARic3Y0I

1 year old, bite work (he is just starting legs, excuse me if it looks sloppy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4FHsTV6U8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKvJHoY1SM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kr1OsfOvwA

BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Thu May 27, 2010 12:31 am

Muttkip!! Yeah, I've been on a Pit Bull forum craze lately. Did you snatch Beau's baby yet? haha

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu May 27, 2010 12:37 am

Hey Emily! There are never enough Titles to retire, lol. Good to see you here.

BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Thu May 27, 2010 12:51 am

Very true Tina, but I'll be putting my pocket book into consideration before I ever pay out for Benny achieve something like a Superdog title! I'll take my small little titles and run with them ;) (jeez, took me forever to find the wink!) I think I'd invest more money into a dog I actually plan on breeding, but since Benny won't be doing that, I'll settle for him doing an excellent job keeping me busy (and broke).

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu May 27, 2010 12:54 am

My dogs have SuperDog Status in the keeping me broke department! Too bad there are no titles for that! roflmao Martin just ate ANOTHER 'chew proof' bed

BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Thu May 27, 2010 12:59 am

No kidding. I just busted out $200 to cover my share (and my sister's share!) for new club equipment. Since she couldn't pay her half due to quitting her job, I am making her buy new charging cradles for my Tri Tronics e-collar which still only totals to less than $70. But I don't even have the patience to wait for her to buy it next week so I am just going to order it myself when I get paid Friday lol Thank god I just got a job promotion, because we still need blinds for the club. Ouuuch.

Gotta love dog training, huh?

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu May 27, 2010 1:12 am

Thankfully my training costs are limited to what I pay my trainer (she's hella cool and knows how broke I am and how sporadically I can actually PAY her) and I haven't had the need to buy anything remotely in the price range of an e-collar (not sure why I would need one anyway, thankfully) and don't need blinds. Entry fees are freaking tough enough.

BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Thu May 27, 2010 1:25 am

I've been going to this dog training club for a year-and-half, and two weeks ago was the first time I had paid for anything. And it was just $100 to get Benny a new leg sleeve. I whine, it's been cheaper to train my pup his whole life so far with my current decoy then it would be for six weeks at Petsmart. Not a bad deal. :) I just had to throw in the extra $100 because my sister couldn't afford her share unfortunately. I wasn't happy about it, but that's what family does. The e-collar was actually free. My uncle used to work a border collie at airports, but when he returned her, he no longer needed the collar. He was a certified decoy in Germany and is a retired k9 officer, so he knew I would need the collar at some point in my training future (though I already own a low-end Dogtra). The collar he gave me came without the charging stuff, but considering this collar retails well over $400, I can't complain! And blinds, well, we can't get around those. They are just expensive lol

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu May 27, 2010 1:38 am

If you have trained for a whole year with a club and not paid anything I would say you are far ahead of the game! I don't think I have met your sister? Does she have an APBT too?

BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Thu May 27, 2010 1:54 am

Yeah, how I wound up so lucky, I have nooooo idea. Pretty sure it is because my trainer hates drama, and he says when money is involved there is nothing but drama so we just cut it out of the picture haha. Plus he does it because he loves training dogs, not because it is his career.

No, my sister has only been out to a couple of walks. She has a 6 month old Boxer/APBT pup named Boca. He is doing french ring as well, and he is a NUT CASE. He is really good at it, and better then Benny at the same age. But the big difference is Benny can relax...Boca cannot. haha They spend so much time just trying to get him calm the hell down! And Benny is highly motivated for food and balls/tugs. Within in the last couple weeks Boca has totally shunned food and is only working for a ball now in obedience. Plus Boca is already showing signs of dog aggression and lucky for me I was able to nip it in the bud with Benny, so I am happy about that.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu May 27, 2010 1:58 am

Thankfully, my trainer loves training dogs too, or she would have booted my neurotic azz to the curb long ago. I don't pay her NEAR enough (when I do pay her) to put up with me OR my spazzy dog roflmao

BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Thu May 27, 2010 2:08 am

Don't you love trainers like that? Sounds like we both found ourselves mentors worth sticking around with :))

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Thu May 27, 2010 5:56 am

Welcome Emily

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”