Hi all from Chicago

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi all from Chicago

Postby Aiaylasdream » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:10 pm

No pit yet, but currently have an old shih tzu (no laughing 8) ). She's awesome and old and I wouldn't trade her for the world. I'd like a pit eventually (when I get out of college in about 5 years) after I've heard so much about them. This forum was actually listed in someone's sig in another forum I visit. I have to say I'm more amazed than impressed. These are such beautiful dogs. How could anyone not fall in love with them from sight alone? I can't wait until the day I can show the world what they're missing due to all the blind fear instilled in them from the media and ignorant people in power. Until then, I want to do my part in ensuring that the health, safety and freedom of such a wonderful breed is uncompromised.
Aiaylasdream

Postby Boo439 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:20 pm

Welcome to the board!!! I think it's great that you are going to wait until you get through with college to make a commitment to a dog. You'll learn so much in that time that you'll be a pro by the time you get one. :)
Boo439

Postby Aiaylasdream » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:28 pm

Thanks! All of the things I've read so far in the news is so horrifying. I told my mom (she thinks the tzu is my sister, 5th member of the family blah blah blah) about my decision to get a pit or possibly two (I'm aware of the dog hostility with same sex pairs) and she flipped out. She gave me the most wide-eyed mom look I've ever seen. I launched into all the info I've read over the past two weeks and she's not so wide-eyed anymore, almost accepting. My original plan was a flock of bunnies and shih tzus and possibly a hedgehog to fill my house later so my pit bull plan seemed quite extreme. If I can convince my mom that pits are good dogs, the world won't be a problem

was attacked by big dogs atleast 5 times throughtout my childhood, one time there was a little blood. I shake when I see dogs that can fit a whole marshmallow in their mouth at once, but I'm strangely ok with this. I think that means something, don't you?
Aiaylasdream

Postby whiskeyman » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:49 pm

:peace: welcome :peace:

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby heather » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:52 pm

my mom never met a pitbull. now when she visits she sleeps with my girl Jade. my dad tried to change my mind, but he is in love with mine too. he even called in a radio program to defend them!!! so, with a little pressure and experience, she will probably come around.

now my whole family tells me all the stories they see in the news and how terrible the plight of those poor dogs.
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kaytlin » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:10 pm

:welcome:
Kaytlin

Postby oko pol » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:18 am

WELCOME! shih tzu the are great! :thumbsup:
oko pol

Postby Emi » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:15 am

:welcome: And enjoy
Emi
Emi