Hello Fellow Pit Bull Lovers!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
DukeMania
Newborn Bully

Hello Fellow Pit Bull Lovers!

Postby DukeMania » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm brand new to the forum....just wanted to say it's great to see the breed being celebrated and admired, rather than condemned and stereotyped! I think pit bulls need more support than any other breed because not only are they more susceptible to being owned by the wrong people for the wrong reasons, they are misunderstood and portrayed by the media as aggressive predators (which all of us responsible pit bull owners know is completely untrue!). So it's awesome that there's an outlet for pit bull positivity and TRUTH!

My name is Amanda. I'm 28 years old and live in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago. My boyfriend James and I adopted our pit bull terrier, Duke, 2 years ago from a local shelter when he was 2 years old. The shelter told us that his previous owners had given him up because they were moving and their new place "did not allow pit bulls". Normally this type of ignorance would be disheartening, but in this particular case it worked out to our advantage because we were able to adopt our best friend.

Though we've always loved the breed, Duke is our first pit bull. I grew up with a boxer and a Rottweiler, and my boyfriend grew up with a Doberman. I can now say with 100% certainty that the pit bull is my favorite breed....affectionate, loyal, strong, tenacious, playful, an all around great dog. I love when Duke proves people wrong with his sweet disposition. Strangers expect a ferocious killer, and instead they get friendly sniffs and a wagging tail.

Duke is basically a big momma's boy. He likes to hang out in whatever room I'm in, and he "helps" me with certain chores around the house, like doing the laundry or emptying the dishwasher (by "helps" I mean he stands there and watches, but for all intents and purposes, I call it "supervising" :) ). He LOVES to cuddle, and if there's a blanket around he'll "burrow" underneath it. He also loves to tug and wrestle with my boyfriend, and bask in the sun on our patio. My boyfriend and I are constantly amused by Duke's personality and goofy antics, and are very thankful that he found his forever home with us. He's our best friend, and a constant source of love and happiness in our lives!

So anyways...I'm glad to be on the forum and look forward to interacting with others who share the same love and enthusiasm for this wonderful breed! Image

blackeyedblonde
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello Fellow Pit Bull Lovers!

Postby blackeyedblonde » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 am

Hi. I'm new too, so i saw your post. Congratulations on your dog. =)

MikeInTacoma

Re: Hello Fellow Pit Bull Lovers!

Postby MikeInTacoma » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:45 am

Welcome Amanda! Thanks for adopting from the shelter.

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”