Hiiiii.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
blackeyedblonde
Newborn Bully

Hiiiii.

Postby blackeyedblonde » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:55 am

Hi.
I just registered on this forum.
I've recently decided that I'm ready to get my own dog (my family has always had dogs, but I haven't owned my own and haven't lived with one since I moved for college a few years ago). I've always loved different bully breeds, and wanted to get some more information from owners/enthusiasts before I bring one into my home. So, that's me in a nutshell I guess. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

MikeInTacoma

Re: Hiiiii.

Postby MikeInTacoma » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:39 am

Hi BEB, kudos to you for doing your research before you bring home a dog! I wish everyone were that smart. :thumbsup:

I hope you find PBF helpful in your quest for info. If you want general posting privileges for the main forums (so you can ask questions there perhaps), we'll need a little more about you, your history with dogs, and your goals for your future dogs, as per the sample introduction viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327 :thumbsup:

blackeyedblonde
Newborn Bully

Postby blackeyedblonde » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Hey, thanks for responding. I was a little unsure about what exactly to say about myself, so here goes take 2....

I'm Cotton (yes, that's my real name), and I live in Georgia. I'm 21, and I'm an aspiring artist who waits tables on the side.

I've always thought pits were gorgeous dogs, and the discrimination they face always endeared me to them. I've done some volunteer work with shelters and seen a lot of sweet, lovable, loyal pits come in with no other options. Growing up, my family had labs and other retrievers. My boyfriend has an awesome boxer, but the boxer does not live with me. Currently, I don't have any dogs or live with any animals, but like I said before, I feel like I'm ready to bring one into my home. I took care of a friend's puppy for a couple months while she was interning in California to make sure I was responsible enough. I think I passed my own test pretty well. My pseudo puppy left my house better trained and more socialized than she came into it, and of course, I was super sad to see her go.

Before I make that decision, I think it's really important for me to do some networking and get some questions answered. A few things on my mind at the moment are getting a puppy or adult dog, from a breeder or a rescue, whether or not I need to introduce myself to a vet before or after I bring my new best friend home, and general training questions. I also, I think it's important to network and have a forum to go to if/when issues should arise after I do get my dog.

Other than that, I'm not too sure what to say about myself... I'm a super sweet, easy-going girl. I grew up riding horses. It's a sport and a passion that I miss terribly. I also really like to box occasionally. I love to draw, paint, shoot photography, make sculptures, design buildings and other random artsy stuff.

Thanks for reading!

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Sounds good, and uncommonly bright. Welcome!

:))
:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”