Hello

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
kimboley
Newborn Bully

Hello

Postby kimboley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:55 pm

I joined about a year ago but somehow life got in the way of my online time. I wanted to introduce myself and my 4 legged children. I am Kim, my male is Cerberus, and my female is Thora
I have owned each of them since their births. Cerberus is Thora's father.

He is 8, she is 4. We live in Southern California. She is in the bottom image.

Looking forward to sharing, learning and getting to know other Pit Parents.

spammie

Re: Hello

Postby spammie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:52 am

Glad to have you back. Can you post a new intro for us?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327

kimboley
Newborn Bully

Postby kimboley » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:55 am

My name is Kim, I am single and being in a relationship is not high on my list of priorities these days. I live in Southern California, small home, big yard.

I currently am self employed and enjoy all the resources on the internet for anything you can think of.

I have always loved canines. It had been many many years since I had a dog and honestly, I was not in any position to be responsible for one when unfortunate circumstances left me with Cerberus.

I was going thru very hard times, was living with a girlfriend, sleeping on her couch. She was the owner of an APBT named Taz. Cerberus, one of the pups in the litter that Taz had, was given to my boyfriend.

I was there when my dog, Cerberus took his first breath of air. And since he was my boyfriend's dog, I spent lots of time getting to know the puppy. Well the hard times got harder, my boyfriend got sent out of town to work for the state. I attended school a few hours a day, I was not staying at a place where I could (or would) leave the puppy, so he spent a few hours in the car while I was at school daily. I really had no place to live myself, the cute little puppy is growing at a rapid speed.

My son's father told me, "You need that dog like you need a hole in your head" He was right. What kind of home was I going to be giving to this animal? I made a phone call and took the puppy down and left him with my boyfriend's best friend.

It was all of two days and I couldn't stand it. I missed that little guy. I went and asked for the puppy back. I was being very selfish when I dropped him off. Cerberus was so so happy to see me. He didn't leave my side. I never even thought about how attached he was to me, just like I was to him.

Over the next few months we spend most of our time at a parking structure that was a perfect place to rollerblade, this is how I justified leaving him in the car, he got so much exercise he just slept in the car during school. I would often recline my seat and sleep in the car with my dog. We have been around each other 7/24 since his birth about 8 years ago.

Cerberus is the first APBT I have owned. (his father is a Rhodesian Ridgeback, his mom was the Pitty) I learned that my dogs needs were on a very basic level. Food. Shelter. Exercise. Love. He really didn't care that we didn't have a home, he just wanted to be with me.

Cerberus loved to go in the car. He would sit on the back of the car, nap there, to make sure I didn't leave without him.

Okay, I am not trying to write a book, so I will get finished up. It only took me being dragged like a rag doll one time for me to understand the strength of my still growing puppy. It only took one person in Petco to unleash their dog so it could run toward my dog "to play" (while they yelled to me, "don't worry, my dog is friendly", to realize that not all dog owners are educated or have common sense.

America needs to be educated. Our children need to be taught basic safety behaviors when around family pets and strange dogs as well. Heck, the adults need a good educating as well.

I have lots to share and want to learn about views on mandatory spay/neuter, breed bans, training, health..

I have gone to a professional trainer and learned that the dogs learned how to heel quicker then I learned how to say a command and make my feet do the right things.

Looking forward to getting to know those here on the site.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:24 pm

Welcome! I was going to ask if he had a slight ridge, but the Ridgeback daddy probably answered that one!

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:36 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”