New here and to the breed.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
jrowephoto
Super Bully

Re: New here and to the breed.

Postby jrowephoto » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:19 am

Welcome to PBF! There are tons of great dog owners here that will help you out tremendously. Stick around, I've learned a whole lot since joining a few months back and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Your pup is gorgeous, can't wait to see more pics :)

magillicutty_momma
Newborn Bully

Postby magillicutty_momma » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:41 am

Welcome, I agree with Joe...there are a TON of great things to be learned from people on this site.
Your pup is a cutie :) enjoy, it's an amazing breed to be an ambassador of.

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 am

Hello fellow Floridian! :welcome:

As the others have said there is a wealth of knowledge here and some really great people. I wanted to find a link for you on the color chart of Pit Bulls, because the pictures of your beautiful pup make her appear to be black in color.Or perhaps brindle. Is she? Or is it the lighting?

Depending on where you obtained her, it's like someone told you she was a blue nose, just to get some extra dollars out of you. "Blues" are all the hype right now. There is a such thing as blue nose, but it would be a dog that was blue in color (with a blue nose) The "blue" color looks darkish grey to me. It's just like a red nose-those are dogs with red noses. It's not a bloodline of dog.

Here's the only thing I could find. I think it is kind of an old post, but it still has good info.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127682

Good luck with your pup, and be sure to post more pictures!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:06 am

What a gorgeous pup!! Welcome to you. What's her name?

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 am

I live in Palm Bay-you?

She definitely looks Brindle to me...now which kind of Brindle-I have no idea.

What do you plan to do with her? Keep her simply as a pet? Dock diving? Tracking? Therapy work? Weight pulling? Agility? Rally? So many options-right?

jrowephoto
Super Bully

Postby jrowephoto » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:20 pm

wow...her coloring is beautiful! she will definitely be a looker :inlove: :inlove:

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:38 pm

The link I posted in my original thread is about coloring. From reading that I guess it depends on where she is registered. If I remember correctly there are three registries AKC, UCK and another one-I always think ABBA, but I know that's not it. One of the registires won't regisiter American Pit Bull Terriers...but instead I believe they have the American Staffordshire Terrier. Does your dog have papers? How'd you get her? From a friend who's dog had pups? It's likely, if that's the case-you'll never know exactly what she is. Who cares, as long as you love her right? I think in some of the regisitries you can get something called a line number. And basically they realize you don't know your dog's lineage but also accept the fact that you want to do something with her. I'm pretty sure she can still earn titles without you knowing her background. There are quite a few people here who do weight pulling-and I think there are some people in Florida (Tampa) that are into it.

The biggest things I can think of to tell you about weight pulling is to make sure she's healthy. Make sure she's old enough and make sure you start slow.

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:18 pm

I'm pretty sure that is black-brindle (black is the underlying coat color and her stripes are red/orange).
Gabbana is a pretty name.
I LOVE her white socks!!

Pibbles ATL
Newborn Bully

Postby Pibbles ATL » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:56 pm

She is adorable! Stick around, you can learn a TON on this board. There are lots of helpful threads in the training and behavior section, I personally have a 6 month old puppy and have fallen back on these threads countless times already with him. Welcome! :cheers:

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:30 am

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”