Newbie in the bayou state

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Spaz337
Newborn Bully

Newbie in the bayou state

Postby Spaz337 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Hello everyone,
My name is lelan and I'm from central louisiana. I've always been an animal person, living in the country I've had most every domestic animal there is but Ive always had a passion for large breed dogs, specifically the American Pitbull but as a child my mother would never let me have one and had an extreme dislike for the breed. A good friend of mine had three dogs in his yard that I really liked (2-m, 1-f). The female was a blue-spotted-white, mid-sized boudreaux/gatormouth. One male was a very large white and blue boudreax, and the other was a smaller but large mahogany brindle carver. When the first heat came he bred her with the white male and I got first pic. It was a no brained! I actually called my dog before it dropped and as he came out and I pulled the sac off his face and gave him his first breath. "the biggest white male, and hopefully all white", I said. I got the biggest dog in the litter, solid white with a lil champagne on his ears, and the first to do everything! I named him tank and he's the most amazing dog I've ever came across. Words connot describe his intelligence and heart. Againsty advice he bred her the very next heat to the brindle and i once again picked the best dog of the litter, being a mid-sized, fawn brindle. I named her Trina and she's my lazy sweetheart.
My male is extremely athletic and I am desperately trying to meet some people in my area that compete in weightpull or high jump. I am also trying to soak up all the knowedge I can about weightpulling, competing, training, diets, and titles. I'm new to the seen but very passionate. I have a lot of pictures to upload but I do everything from my iPhone and my reception isn't that good so take it easy on me.
My female also just dropped a litter and there gonna be some really good dogs if anyone likes my dogs and is intrested let me know. I'm not a breeder I just have two really good dogs ANC I wanted a puppy from them. Anyways, I hope I can give someone some useful advice at some point and any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Image[code][/code]

Spaz337
Newborn Bully

Re: Newbie in the bayou state

Postby Spaz337 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:26 am

[url]Image

Image[/url]

that's an 82lb dog and that's a wheel barrow tire 6 1/2 feet off the ground. Need I say more? He's a rock!

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:22 am

Spaz337 wrote: My female also just dropped a litter and there gonna be some really good dogs if anyone likes my dogs and is intrested let me know. I'm not a breeder I just have two really good dogs ANC I wanted a puppy from them.

You ARE a breeder, a backyard breeder actually. I'm sure your dogs are great, but so are the thousands upon thousands of pit bulls waiting to die homeless right now because of irresponsible breeding. You take one pup, what happens to the rest? Once they are out of your hands you have no control, they might be abused, bred over and over (why not, just continuing the cycle, right?), end up in a shelter, dead, etc. Great pets are just that, pets. Please get the puppies fixed and microchipped before you sell them, that way they won't end up adding to the overpopulation problem and if they end up in a shelter you have a chance to find out before they get put to sleep. I know this comes off harsh, but it's the reality of what this breed faces right now, way too many "pit bulls" and not nearly enough homes.

Also I think your buddy you got your dogs from doesn't know anything about the breed, "gatermouth" is a backyard breeder made up term that doesn't mean anything at all, Boudreaux is a bloodline, but unless they have papers I'd be pretty skeptical due to their color and size, most APBT are 30-60 pounds, hardly large dogs. Stick around and read up on the breed and if you love them, get your dogs fixed.

spammie

Postby spammie » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:32 am

I have to agree, you are a byb. We don't allow puppy peddling here. Here is a recent thread on breeding...it's worth taking a look at. If you'd like to hang around and learn, we'd love to have you
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140551

Spaz337
Newborn Bully

Postby Spaz337 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:38 am

That may have came across wrong but I didn't mean to use this thread to "peddle" puppies. Most of my puppies are on reserved for private sale. I meet the person, Show them my yard and question them about their plans. I'm not the person you make me out to be. I'm not having any problem with selling my puppies to responsible people, I just thought what better place to mention that I had puppies in case someone fell in love with my dogs. You can even edit that out if you want. That's not why I'm here. And as for the bloodlines claims, I honestly don't care what bloodlines my dog is. I wish they had papers so I would have to hear everyones criticism. No offense but I know a lot of breeders with some really useless, ugly, and mangey dogs that are " of strong bloodlines" that always act like their dogs are better because of a piece of paper. I honestly wouldn't have thought people who are so worried about adopting dogs from shelters would be so up at arms about them not being registered pits. I figured if anyone would appriciate good dogs for what they are. I know where they came from and they may have mut in them somewhere but that's what gatormouth is. I'm from Louisiana by the way. We make a lot of words up! If we were talking in person you prolly wouldn't understand a word I say. Gatormouth was created in the swamps by breeding a large, intelligent, extremely good hunting dog called a catahoula leopard cur with a boudreaux pit. This is done to make a better catch dog and really over all performing dog. However, I know where all of my buddys dogs came from and the father to mine came from floyd boudreauxs personal yard and he was over 80 lbs. I know this is unprovable so you don't have to criticize. My ex's stepdad actually deals personally with floyd and recently bred one of his boudreauxs back with floyds personal dog (both seal). So, i appologize for getting off on the wrong foot but I'm not a dumb redneck. I know what my dogs are and I'm not using my dogs for money or just to get what I want from them and then just dump the other puppies off. I spent every dollar on my dogs to get everything ready before she had her litter. If I sell every pup for $500 I will make $100 back in the end. I'm just here to improve my dogs and gain some knowledge. I hope this clears things up and doesn't offend anyone. I'm sorry if I kinda bounce around with my subjects but I'm gifted which is like ADHD so bear with me and thanx for reading. And if any of you speak with Floyd he can verify this. My ex's stepdad is Eloy zayas

Spaz337
Newborn Bully

Postby Spaz337 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:57 am

And just to let you guys know, I live in the middle of no where. There is no shelter where I am but I have personally chased down three pitbulls in the woods that I saw on the side of the road. I had to chase them til they gave up and then carry them back. One of which had given birth at some point but I'm guessing the pups didn't make it. It was freezing and raining and her nipples were infected, really her whole body was. She smelled horrible! But I carried her wet, stinking butt back, put her in my work truck and almost got fired taking her home. A friend of mine is a vets assistant. She gave her a few shots and I fattened her up and worked with her for a couple months and gave her to a friend who's pit puppy died of parvo and she's got it made sleeping on a plush couch every night now. The other two I also gave to friends. I do try to do my part. I will NEVER leave a Pitbull on the side of the road because I know what will hapen if the wrong person sees it

Siberian
pacifist ...usually

Postby Siberian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:38 pm

People, honey, not vinegar. Please...

Spaz337, hope you are allowed to join, and stay to learn why the rescue folks out of all people more up in arms about quality of dogs being produced out there. It is not just about papers, and it about breeding for a total dog (genetics, accomplishments, confirmation), rather than just simply pumping pups out (papers or not). There are a lot of crappy dogs out there, of all breeds, whose only selling point is that they are registered with a big name registry. And as well, there are people who breed working dogs, just based on the parents performance. The problems this breed is facing daily is due to sheer overpopulation - everyone and their mother has a pit or wants one. They come dime a dozen, flood the shelters and get euthanized by thousands a day across the country. That is why it is really about quality, not quantity.

Spaz337
Newborn Bully

Postby Spaz337 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Siberian, thank you for wording your reply in a more respectful manner. I appreciate, understand, and respect your opinion. I understood what they meant but the way it was said, to me, showed that their mindframe appears to have gotten a little bit extreme. I feel like what their saying is close minded, hastey, and rude. My dogs genes don't deserve to exist because a person in a members only coat doesn't approve? And As far as gatormouth being a "made up, backyard breeders term", what was gotti, colby, or beaudreaux before that guy in the members only coat said it was a "bloodine"? All I'm saying is my dogs are pits. I couldn't buy a home in city limits because I own them. I get threatened by my neighbors, saying their gonna kill him if they see him out of my fence. When pitbull lovers see him in public they flock to him and say he's the most beautiful pit they've ever seen. He's a pit. He works hard, never gives up, and he puts food on the table. How many of your registered dogs do what they were really bred for before all of the fighting, hunt? Where I live we have pits for their heart and ability, not their name. I hope I can meet more people on here like you Siberian. I was starting to get a bad impression. I would like to hear what someone has to say about the actual dogs. I mean... I thought that's what this site is about. Rescuing a dog from a shelter is a wonderful idea and it is very commendable but it's not for everyone. And not everyone can afford a pedigree. Some love the dog for what it is and/or need it for it's abilities. All I ask is we are treated with respect as well. I will never spaye or neuter my dogs unless it is discovered they have a medical problem. That is my right. If that is not approved of by this forum please tell me and I will go elsewhere. However, if that was just two radical opinions I would love to hear more from others. I hope I can be accepted by the majority or at least be tested a little before being judged so harshly.

murphy2010
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby murphy2010 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Siberian wrote:People, honey, not vinegar. Please...

Spaz337, hope you are allowed to join, and stay to learn why the rescue folks out of all people more up in arms about quality of dogs being produced out there. It is not just about papers, and it about breeding for a total dog (genetics, accomplishments, confirmation), rather than just simply pumping pups out (papers or not). There are a lot of crappy dogs out there, of all breeds, whose only selling point is that they are registered with a big name registry. And as well, there are people who breed working dogs, just based on the parents performance. The problems this breed is facing daily is due to sheer overpopulation - everyone and their mother has a pit or wants one. They come dime a dozen, flood the shelters and get euthanized by thousands a day across the country. That is why it is really about quality, not quantity.

:goodpost:
I couldn't agree more.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:30 am

Welcome! It's a shame the breed exists in the overpopulation explosion it does now (which is why you got the responses you did) They are WONDERFUL dogs (as I am sure yours are too!) which kind of lies at the essence of the overbreeding problem. I really, really wanted to breed my previous bitch (because she was so wonderful, of course!) before I realized the state the breed was in and how many (just as wonderful) dogs die every day because even mediocre homes are far scarcer than wonderful dogs
http://www.badrap.org/rescue/breeding.html

I really had a hard time wrapping my mind around the horrible reality this breed faces until becoming involved outside of my own dogs. It is actually a very gut check feeling and many prefer not to face it. I hope you are strong enough to, because the breed needs you.

What type of sports/competitions are you interested in?

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 am

There's a lot of great info here. Enjoy
:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”