You've Got Mail!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Harlequin2011
Newborn Bully

You've Got Mail!

Postby Harlequin2011 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:57 pm

The Deep Dark Recesses
Underneath My Bed In
Central, Northeast-ish LP of Michigan

To:
The Inhabitants of
PitBullForum.com
On the World Wide Web

Greetings all furry four-legged and two-legged monsters alike. I bring you tidings from the great galoot in the darkest dark corner of the land of......ok ok, so I'm not the monster under your bed...or under my bed for that matter. I am, however, a soon-to-be human keeper/owner/care-taker/friend of a four-legged, tail-wagging, sleep-eat-potty-chew-on-your-slippers-while-you-make-a-sandwich monstrosity commonly known as a puppy. A cute, brindle and white, female pitbull puppy with a rather unusual birthmark. Her name is Harley, short for Harlequin the comic character and spelled like Harley-Davidson. She gets to come home in a couple of weeks.

Over the years my family has had a variety of pets - from dogs and cats to birds and fish to horses, pigs, cows, chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys, and goats to ferrets, chinchillas, guinea pigs, gerbils and hamsters to turtles and tortoises, snakes and lizards of various size, shape and kind. Though not all at one time, I'll add. So why, might you ask, out of all the animals to choose from why a dog... and out of all the different breeds of dog, why a pitbull?

Well, I've always seem to be attracted to the bully breeds and breeds that can (and do) get a bad rep (usually undeserving of the breed and more the fault of the individual dog and/or owner): German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, American PitBull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, etc. Perhaps not unlike the way they say ladies are attracted to "bad boys". Another reason I chose this particular breed is that I once had a pit/rott mix female that was one of the best dogs I have ever had the joy of knowing. They are also one of the best family and watch dogs I know of...in my opinion and from my experience with them. Now I know that this pup will not be a replacement for the mix I once had nor am I the most experienced pitbull or even just plain old dog owner but I am looking forward to the years ahead and to the learning and training, new and old, for Harley and for myself.

Harlequin2011
Newborn Bully

Re: You've Got Mail!

Postby Harlequin2011 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 pm

P.S. I really must have slow mental decline as I forgot to add that I'm still young (even if I feel old and that poor memory/memory loss is really bothersome, see what I am talking about) at 21! (Soon to be 22 near the end of this month)

I love animals (you'd never have guessed huh? :-p), music, and reading. I also write, mostly poetry, and draw...both of which I hardly show to anyone...except maybe one or two pieces here and there. I'm a poor English nazi, meaning I have a bad penchant to correct your spelling but still make grammatical errors myself. I'm near-fluent in typo, know Good morning and Good night, and I love you in German, Good morning, good night, how are you in Spanish and a little bit more than that in French. I couldn't spell supercali....yeah that word...to save my life. You know you know it. The one from Mary Poppins. I love Pepsi even though it is a step-up from battery acid on the dental acid chart. I'm a recovering soda-holic....now I'm a sobe-aholic. ....Oh and I have a habit of making up words...and sometimes acting like a complete goofball. Though usually only over the internet where you can't actually see me grinning like a goon on my side of the computer screen!

P.P.S. I love to sing and dance....I can't do either one. :dance:
So that too I do only in my own home where people can't judge me, except maybe the dogs and they're pretty forgiving. :)

TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF

Postby TahsSunny » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:27 am

ok, first, lol, I laughed your intro!!. I was laughing and smiling through the whole thing.

2nd, Welcome! You seem like a fun, interesting person so I hope you stick around!.

Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Chasesdad » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:13 am

Hahahahaha. Great intro, welcome to the forum! Post some pics as soon as you get ur little puppy pup home!

TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF

Postby TahsSunny » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:14 am

Chasesdad wrote:Post some pics as soon as you get ur little puppy pup home!

x2

spammie

Postby spammie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 am

Welcome to PBF
:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”