Hello Everyone

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
JamieK
Newborn Bully

Hello Everyone

Postby JamieK » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:36 am

Hi, my name is Jamie, and, along with my wife, rescued a pit last fall. We already had 2 other dogs we had rescued from the pound, one a Jack Russel mix, the other a similiar size mutt. Anyway, I was on the way home from work, in stop and go traffic, and looked over into the median. Petey was lying there, barely moving. I jumped out of the car, and grabbed him up. Immediately we took him to the emergency vet and had him looked over. He was about 3 months old, covered in fleas and road rash (vet thought he was thrown from a car), but no major injuries. We brought him home, and hes doing fine now.

I'll admit, I was a litlle apprehensive about adopting a pit, but I knew nothing about them, other than how they are portrayed on the news. After some research, I found out that wasn't the truth. So we decided to give him a try.Over the last few months, Petey has grown up to be the most loveable, human friendly dog I've ever seen. Much more than our other two. My wife calls him "56 pounds of wigglebutt".

He has a couple of issues, mainly a little aggression toward strange dogs. I'll be asking some questions on how to best correct this and to get others opinions. I've been reading past posts, and this looks like a great forum.

JamieK
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby JamieK » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:49 am

kaitgusta
Newborn Bully

Postby kaitgusta » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Welcome and thanks for taking in and giving Petey a home!

There are lots of posts about dog aggression and ways to best deal with on the site.
How does he do with your other two dogs?

One of my dogs is "selective" about strange dogs but adores her companion.

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi Jamie and welcome. Bless you for helping the guy out :bowdown:
There's a lot of threads on dog aggression. My male gets along fine with my foster female, but when my resident female was alive, I had to keep them separated because they fought like fools. There's many qualified folks here who can answer any questions. Every dog is different.
Enjoy
:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”