New Puppy Watson. Pit or american bulldog?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
DrAlexSauce
Newborn Bully

New Puppy Watson. Pit or american bulldog?

Postby DrAlexSauce » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Hey everyone, my name is alex Im 21 years old and I live in broward. i just bought an "american bulldog mix" but im convinced the little guys a more pit than bulldog. Hes two months old and one cute little dude. here are few pictures of him tell me what you guys think.

The Parents

I think ive already trained him to poop outside because hes been almost accident free for 2 days now. I learned quickly that owning and training a pup is one of the most frustrating responsibilities one can have! I was beginning to regret the decision of buying him, but after a week with the puppy i couldn't be happier.

so does he look like a pit? lol
:nana:

DrAlexSauce
Newborn Bully

Re: New Puppy Watson. Pit or american bulldog?

Postby DrAlexSauce » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:14 pm

hes crying like a little ?#@!@@ right now as i right this. i put him in his crate a throw a sheet over it, he just peed and pooped outside. how do i get him to shut up, does he need to see me sleeping for him to sleep? *ahh his whines are becoming less violent now*...crap i jinxed it :X

DrAlexSauce
Newborn Bully

Postby DrAlexSauce » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:16 pm

DrAlexSauce wrote:hes crying like a little ?#@!@@ right now as i right this. i put him in his crate a throw a sheet over it, he just peed and pooped outside. how do i get him to shut up, does he need to see me sleeping for him to sleep? *ahh his whines are becoming less violent now*...crap i jinxed it :X

edit: write** & (and* threw*) jesus :/

trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Looks like a pitbull to me... unless he's papered, you'll never know...

& he's not used to the crate... So, get used to the crying until he gets used to the crate. When our dog was crate training I had his crate right next to our bed. He did whine some, but I think he felt better knowing we were RIGHT there. By the time he was probably 3-4 months old he slept with us at night, but not everyone wants their dog sleeping with them. He didn't whine in the crate at night, we just wanted him to sleep with us.

You're not going to be able to just get him to ''shutup.'' Get some more patience & realize these things take time. He was just taken from his litter mates and mom, what, a week ago? It's all new to him. He's very cute by the way.

spammie

Postby spammie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:19 am

Welcome. Can you tell us about yourself and your decision to own this dog? Here's a sample intro for ideas
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
Here's a helpful thread on puppies
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22235

nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby nessa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:52 pm

At that age, most bully type dogs look similar to me. Time may, or may not help discern his "true" breed. Do what I do and call him what you want. The dog I suspect might be mixed with AM Bulldog I call a Great White Freak. It fits, and who really knows what he is, other than loved. He's a year now. OMG! Almost anyways. 90 pounds and tall, but filling out. He still whines in the crate. Get ear plugs and don't acknowledge the whining.

DrAlexSauce
Newborn Bully

Postby DrAlexSauce » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:55 am

trexgorawrrrrr wrote:Looks like a pitbull to me... unless he's papered, you'll never know...

& he's not used to the crate... So, get used to the crying until he gets used to the crate. When our dog was crate training I had his crate right next to our bed. He did whine some, but I think he felt better knowing we were RIGHT there. By the time he was probably 3-4 months old he slept with us at night, but not everyone wants their dog sleeping with them. He didn't whine in the crate at night, we just wanted him to sleep with us.

You're not going to be able to just get him to ''shutup.'' Get some more patience & realize these things take time. He was just taken from his litter mates and mom, what, a week ago? It's all new to him. He's very cute by the way.

cool thanks, hopefully he gets used to it sooner than later. i know that crying is inevitable with puppies, but when its bedtime i dont give the whining any attention. On the other hand in the morning (after 7hours or sleep) if he whine slightly i take him out a he pees/poops almost immediately.

DrAlexSauce
Newborn Bully

Postby DrAlexSauce » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 am

spammie wrote:Welcome. Can you tell us about yourself and your decision to own this dog? Here's a sample intro for ideas
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
Here's a helpful thread on puppies
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22235

Hey so I'm 21 and go to FIU, I have one year till i graduate with a BS in biology. I hope go to med school after i graduate, and MD school will begin in about 2 years from now. I hope that i could bring Watson with me when i move away to school. I know it will be very difficult, but I'll do everything i can for him to have a happy comfortable life.

I love nature, and im fascinated with animals. I got a dog because i want a companion and i want responsibility over something other than myself. Im crate training him leave the crate by my bed for the time being.

Hes only had 2 accidents in 3 days and I quickly said No! grabbed and took watson to his usually pee spot outside and then after peeing petted while praising him.

trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm

That's a good thing that you ignore his whining. That's what we had to do until he was used to it. When I was 11 and had my first dog our biggest mistake was letting her out everytime she whined lol I didn't know any better though, but she ended up being free roam. I would let our dog free roam while we are gone, but only being 11 months we want to make sure he isn't going to chew up things before that happens lol

How old is he? You said after 7 hours of sleep you let him out, but I might cut that in half until he's a little older. Puppies have small bladders, but then again I'm not sure how old your pup is.

DrAlexSauce
Newborn Bully

Postby DrAlexSauce » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:46 pm

trexgorawrrrrr wrote:
How old is he? You said after 7 hours of sleep you let him out, but I might cut that in half until he's a little older. Puppies have small bladders, but then again I'm not sure how old your pup is.

LOL well my guys only 9 weeks old and i dont hear a peep out of him till the morning. Do u think i should remove him in the middle of the night to pee if hes sleeping soundly? i dont want to enforce a habit like that if its unnecessary lol.

hey btw i plan on leaving him outside for most of the day while im off to school, do u think hes too young for that?

April
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby April » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:22 pm

The parents look like your typical APBT, don't see any American Bulldog in them.

DrAlexSauce
Newborn Bully

Postby DrAlexSauce » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:43 pm

April wrote:The parents look like your typical APBT, don't see any American Bulldog in them.

Woohoo!! lol either way hes still a beautiful dog but pits have been one of my favorite breeds..

spammie

Postby spammie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:07 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”