Intro from a Pittie owner in Wisconsin

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
jennifer62978
Newborn Bully

Intro from a Pittie owner in Wisconsin

Postby jennifer62978 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:49 pm

My name is Jennifer and I am from Central Wisconsin. I have lived all over the country, as well as one island in the Caribbean. It was on the island that I found my fondness for the Pitties, as almost every dog on the island had at least a little bit of Pittie in them.

Last summer, I decided that I finally had some time for myself and wanted to look into getting a Pittie for myself. I am living with my mom who has one rescued cat and two dogs (a diabetic Miniature Schnauzer and a disabled Toy Fox Terrier). I had two cats, so I knew I needed a pup that was good with other animals, especially small ones. Through Petfinder, I found a rescue about an hour from my house that had a four month old girl. She had been found wandering the streets of Chicago and wound up in a shelter on death row, but luckily someone at the shelter called this rescue and she was saved. The rescue had a ton of cats and I was able to see that the puppy was good with cats...as every time she came up to a cat and the cat hissed or growled, the puppy ran the other way. I wound up taking the puppy home that day.

I named the new puppy Tiara, as I wanted a name that related to a wonderful Pittie on the island, but also was a very girlie name. Within a few weeks of getting Tiara, we started puppy classes, after eight weeks of that, we did basic obedience, after eight weeks of that, we did advanced obedience. We have had our issues and continue to have a bunch of issues and it is the reason why I decided to find a forum where I could maybe get some insight to find if the behaviors I am seeing are "normal" and how to properly correct some of the "problem" behaviors. I've done a lot of research online, but not specific enough for the questions I have.

I don't have a Photobucket account yet, but I will post some pictures of Tiara once I get one.

I look forward to talking with you all and sharing the fondness of the breed.

Jennifer and Tiara (and Kissy & Chloe)

iluvk9
Newborn Bully

Re: Intro from a Pittie owner in Wisconsin

Postby iluvk9 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 am

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:05 am

Hello and Welcome Jennifer and crew !!!
I just tired to upload a couple of pictures and photobucket is down right now for maintenance. Doesn't happen very often and it probably won't be down long.

spammie

Postby spammie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:20 am

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”