Hello! A Little Help!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
sharron
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello! A Little Help!

Postby sharron » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:45 am

Wow ! Three weeks is very young !
Did your daughter look around to see if this was the only pup there ?

She is sooo cute !

My guess is she could be one of those 'bullies' people have bred that are stocky , have bowed legs and deep chests and somewhat large heads..Not sureif she falls into the category of "designer bullies'.

One of my cousins' husband breeds these biullies and the end results look similar. I disagree with , and am totally against any type of drastic breeding. Breeders like this are completely messing up these dogs.

Extreme bowed legs , shorter than a Staffy , deep chested , larer heads, are going to mean a lot of medical problems for the poor pups !

Having such a young pup ...you will have to be 'mother , teacher and provider until she is at least 12 weeks old.
I suggest you take her in for an exam and do not let her around other dogs ( animals ) until she has completed her round of vaccines.

What did you name this little doll ?

Sharron

:peace:

afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Postby afrikaPB » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 am

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Are you planning on keeping her? Either way, seeing what resources may be available at local shelters and rescues (including potential foster litter mates, feeding tips and vet care/testing) could be helpful.
Re the legs, I'm not a vet, but I have seen many young pups, and imo pups this young are fairly wonky looking, and their legs usually look odd, especially in comparison to their stretched out bellies and pokey little tails... Kinda like young toddlers walking around in their big diapers.
Is she walking alright (based on her age)/showing signs of handicap?
I would seek a vet's opinion regardless, since she'll need to be tested for some pup viruses and get vaccinated anyways.

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 am

Welcome. I agree a vet check is needed asap.Network with local rescue/shelter for information. There's a lot of things a pup learns from the mom and litter.
:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”