hello from nova scotia

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
ryleyhfx
Newborn Bully

hello from nova scotia

Postby ryleyhfx » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:59 pm

hi!
my name is ryley. I'm 23 years old & live in halifax, nova scotia.
I don't own a pitty of my own at this time but have my heart set on finding my new best friend hopefully over the coming winter. I have two cats & also take care of a valley bulldog named smoke that belongs to my partner.
I have been interested in pit bull advocacy for the past three years, & have actively spoken out against BSL here in nova scotia. I volunteer at the SPCA in town which has been helping me gain more experience with dogs up close & personal. I am also in the process of writing a history of BSL & how it affects the bully breeds in general.
I have also begun writing a zine on responsible pet ownership for low income people.
I grew up as child with a boxer/pit mix in southern ontario but have been living in nova scotia alone for the past five years & intend to stay put here.
I want to adopt a pit of my own but haven't yet found the perfect companion for me. the adoption process can be difficult & strenuous, though necessary as well.
I joined this forum to engage in more talks about pitties, a breed that I love so dearly. it truly breaks my heart to hear the perceptions of people when it comes to discussing these gentle, brilliant animals.

here are some photos of the animals already in my life...

I look forward to being apart of this forum!

AllisonPitbullLvr

Re: hello from nova scotia

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Welcome!! Your pets are beautiful!

I currently live in southen Onscario and am currently harboring a fugitive that will very shortly be flying out to nova scotia...not sure where exactly.

ryleyhfx
Newborn Bully

Postby ryleyhfx » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:30 pm

hello!
thanks for the welcome.

there seem to be quite a few rescue programs based on the east coast whose prime purpose is relocating pits that we're n't grandfathered back in 2005.
the ones I've noticed online are martime pit project & adora-bull rescue.
I didn't realize how terrifying & unique BSL is in ontario. it's practically impossible to cross the province with your bully legally.

does your pup have a home waiting for them out here?

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:37 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”