Am so excited to be here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
marki.s
Newborn Bully

Am so excited to be here

Postby marki.s » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi Everybody!

My name is Marki. I live in Michigan and mom to 4 boys, a boxer, 2 cats, fish and now what we believe is a pit bull mix.
My introduction to the breed is quite a compelling story. A story I believe worth telling and have shared for many months on the boxer forum I belong to.
A little over 9 months ago I brought home Max, my boxer. My 18 year old son who was not living at home loved him so much he impulsively went out to get his own. When he first brought Keno to the house, I admit, I was horrified. This was clearly a pit bull.
At that time, my knowledge of the breed was limited to stories on the news. It did not help matters that every time these little puppies only a week apart in age got together a fight would eventually erupt.
Around 3 months my son asked to move back home and I was forced to face my fears. This was the first time in my life where I felt trying to educate myself made things worse. Trying to find an ounce of positive meant sorting through a wealth of negativity. I don’t know when it happened but at some point I realized I was trying to understand a fear that had absolutely no foundation. The amazing thing about keno is that through all my doubt and uncertainty, he never wavered. He was loyal and loving and everything anyone could hope for in a dog. I took care of him 5 days a week while my son worked before he decided to move out again. Inspite of realizing how much easier it is with just one dog, I struggled to deal with him being gone. Worried if he was being cared for the way I cared for him. He came for visits and stayed over a couple times. A couple of weeks ago I learned that my son was no longer allowed to have him and gave him to a cousin. I pretty much fell into a depression. Irony is knowing that I would have spent my whole life content to never have known this breed and realizing that all the love I have shared with my pets over the years just doesn’t compare to this one.
As fate would have it, Keno changed my life and when the cousin called to say she couldn’t take care of him anymore, there was no thought or doubt in my mind that it was my turn to change his.
I don’t know if it is appropriate to start off with this story. I did not join this forum to share this story but instead to receive help and knowledge from other owners. I shared it because I believe that you all know there aren’t enough good stories being told and because maybe had I read this story I would have felt differently from the start.
So here I am…looking for advice and help to raise MY pit bull.
Hope this introduction will allow me to post questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8uz71qgUg

marki.s
Newborn Bully

Re: Am so excited to be here

Postby marki.s » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:27 pm

I guess I should add...I made this video when he was gone. It was a tribute to the time we shared and how blessed I felt for every moment. I can watch it now and smile because he is home.

Kahne131
Matured Bully

Postby Kahne131 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:10 pm

:welcome: Glad to hear you overcame your fears and took him in yourself, I hope you enjoy may more years with your pups! Both are very cute!

patty

Postby patty » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Welcome :hi

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, glad that Keno is home where he belongs. He is a looker :inlove:

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. There are tons of info here to help you, and great people to point you in the right direction. Hope to see more pics of your pups :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

marki.s
Newborn Bully

Postby marki.s » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! Having been a member of a boxer forum for 9+ months I honestly don't know why it didn't occur to me to join this one sooner. Maybe because technically Keno wasn't officially mine until a week ago?

This forum seems a little more complex than my boxer forum (in bf if I post the link to a youtube video the video automatically appears instead of a link)so once i figure out how to post pic's you may just get sick of seeing them. :cheers:

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:17 pm

patty wrote:Welcome :hi

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, glad that Keno is home where he belongs. He is a looker :inlove:

x2!

What a great story. Welcome! I too have a boxer and a pitbull :)

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:00 pm

To upload pics from my computer I use Photobucket. To upload from my phone, I use the Tapatalk app on my phone to upload straight to PBF. If you get addicted to PBF like most of us do, you can download the PBF app VIA Tapatalk and surf PBF all day! :)

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Curly_07 wrote:To upload pics from my computer I use Photobucket. To upload from my phone, I use the Tapatalk app on my phone to upload straight to PBF. If you get addicted to PBF like most of us do, you can download the PBF app VIA Tapatalk and surf PBF all day! :)

I didn't know you could do that with tapatalk!! I deleted it! :(

Apbt4life
Matured Bully

Postby Apbt4life » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Definitely good to have you, nice video, there is a lot here to learn and a lot of good people to learn from as well.

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:15 am

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”