Rico and my husband and i

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
tigerstripe11
Newborn Bully

Rico and my husband and i

Postby tigerstripe11 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm

:hi new to the forum and to training a pit bull. need advice on how to PROPERLY train him :) we saved rico, about 3 weeks ago, from being put to sleep at animal control here in columbus georgia. he is about 4 months and such a sweetie.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Re: Rico and my husband and i

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 pm

You've definitely come to the right place for training advice. :) :welcome:

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 pm

:welcome: Thank you for adopting! Once you post a proper intro, a mod will approve you to the rest of the board. There is a sample sticky at the top of the intro section to help you out. Can't wait to see pics of the lucky pup! See you around!

tigerstripe11
Newborn Bully

Postby tigerstripe11 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:31 am

ha yaa sorry about the intro, or the lack of an intro. i was being rushed by my puppy because he wanted to go play outside and wasnt letting me forget it haha.

Hi my name is sarah and my husbands name is keevan. we moved to georgia from virginia beach because my husband got stationed here. We've be living in our new place for a month or so. I kept hinting that we needed a dog to my husband since all i do all day is cook and clean and hangout.....not so fun. So he finally gave in. About 3 weeks ago we went to the animal control and saw so many great dogs. We wanted to take them all home because we didnt want any of them to be put to sleep :( sad to say that there were a good number of bully breeds there :(...So me and my husband were walking down the rows of big dogs, when we came across Rico :) he was such a little guy. A 3 month old puppy does not deserve to be put to sleep, they havent even been loved or cared for, or even lived! he was just sitting there with a sad puppy face, crying for attention. So of corse, we put our names down to adopt him a few days later :)
Rico has been such a joy at home. He fits right in :) Unfortunately he came home with a little pink eye, kennel cough, and an upper respiratory infection. He's all better now and living the life a puppy should live. he sits and stays and he knows paw :) sit was taught in a day, stay took a couple days, and paw took 5 min :) He's extremely smart (almost smarter than me lol). I take Rico on longs walks, 4 a day, in between the "peepee let outs" and he gets to go to the dog park once a day, sometimes twice if its nice.(theres a dog park at the apartments we live at). he is also crate trained. we are currently working on getting him to sit when on walks(he doesnt like to sit when hes on a leash)weird.....
I have lived in virginia beach my whole life so living in georgia is a bit of a culture shock lol. i miss the beach terribly. i am 20 yrs old, turn 21 in december. Rico is my first pit bull and my husbands second. I like to play and train Rico, play videos games when there is time, i like to cook and eat :) and i enjoy spending time with my husband since he works all day i hardly get to spend time with him.
i hope that i provided enough info for you all to get to know Rico and i a little :) the last pic was when we first got him (he weighed 20lbs) now he weighs 27lbs.

tigerstripe11
Newborn Bully

Postby tigerstripe11 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:36 am

Curly_07 wrote::welcome: Thank you for adopting! Once you post a proper intro, a mod will approve you to the rest of the board. There is a sample sticky at the top of the intro section to help you out. Can't wait to see pics of the lucky pup! See you around!

hope the intro above is good enough :)

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 am

Oh my goodness he is a cutie!!! Congrats on the new addition! A mod should come thru soon to approve you :)

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:13 am

WElcome. Thank your husband for his service to our country.
:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”