Hello from Florida

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Florida

Postby MeAki » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:53 am

Hi there my name is Alex and i live in Ft Lauderdale.... i was introduced to pitbulls probably 14 years ago when the first pitbull that i worked with save my little cousins life, since then i couldnt look at another breed ....I'm 28 years old now...My dog's name is Tazz and he is by far the smartest dog that i ever owned.... I used to work with pitbulls and thru the years i probably had more then 15 of them.... But Tazz is amazing, i joined the forum hoping that i cant find a remedy or a cure for my puppy's skin...Ive been to the vet many times and nobody can tell whats the problem with him.... i really think its something genetic or an allergy to something very common that i cant figure it out !! he sheds a lot and has some small blisters that make his hair shed... I took him to the vet and did a full check up hes healthy as a horse yet he sheds way to much and has skin problems ! Last time we went to the vet they gave him a steroids shot cause hes appetite is very low... he eats two cups of Prescription Diet D/D I've tried everything with him all kinds of food nothing worked...so im hopping i can find an answer on a forum ! well thats me and Tazz
PS- Sorry for my english, its not my first language and apparently idk how to upload a picture of him !!
MeAki
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Florida

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Welcome! I'm originally from FL, and have some family in Ft Lauderdale! There are many things that could be causing your dog to have this skin reaction. It could be anything from fleas, dirt, environmental allergies, food allergies, or some type of mange. Hopefully you can get approved soon, so that you can post in the Health Section to get more feedback. In there you will need to post everything from what food you feed, topicals/ointments you use, and pictures. Obviously we can't diagnose things via the internet, but there are some vets and people here with many experiences that can maybe help you narrow things down.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby MeAki » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:17 pm

ok i think its hives cause from what i read and the pics that i see online that's how it looks like...but he doesn't scratch or licks too much except from when hes cleaning himself....i read about BARF food and i was thinking of that but i cant find a place that sells it except online.... i don't use any ointments or anything like that ...he doesn't have or had fleas... the only thing i notice is that when i put a synthetic blanket on the couch the hives get worst therefor i don't use it anymore ...still he's still sick... i took him to the vet many times...the best the doctor did was give him a steroid shot told me to change his food took my money and wished me a good day... The fact that he is skinny scared me too so i spent about $600 on blood tests and what not...he is healthy as a horse !! whats the problem ?!? hes brother has the same problem ...his parents dont... Thanks for your reply !!
MeAki
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:44 pm

*Disclaimer* I'm not a vet, but this is my .02...

I believe it's iether an environmental or food allergy or combo of both. BARF/RAW is something you can do at home yourself. No need to order online, unless you just don't feel like dealing with it. Read these threads for help with BARF and RAW viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18048 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=148939 the second link is a great source to help with transitioning to a RAW diet.

As for the hives that you are seeing, there is another thread about a recent member that went through this. Maybe it will be of help to you? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=150081&p=1974804&hilit=Hives#p1974804

There are many other threads here dealing with hives and allergies, as many of our dogs have them. One of mine has a few food allergies(Chicken mostly) and a Febreeze allergy that I have to be very cautious about. Just do some searches in the Health section and you will find tons of info.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby spammie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:20 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions